Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear side window glass

Hi folks,
    The drivers side large rear window on my '96 SSR-G was broken last night; wasnt malicious. Reading here it seems the dark tint is from the factory/Toyota on these windows? Also, if I get one from Autoglass the internal tint may look different and Im a fussy bugger so dont want that.

I think I have 2 options, can anyone in the know confirm please:-

1) Get Toyota genuine part
    2) Get a used one

If I go for a used one does anyone have any available?

Many thanks

Ant
    1996 SSR-G 3.0 TD Intercooler
    Mazda Rotaries too!

My rear quarter glass broke on my 3rd Gen a couple of years ago, & I don't know how it happened?

Anyway my insurance company paid for it, I just paid my £50 excess.

Replaced by RAC windscreens using a Genuine part supplied by my local Toyota dealership.

RAC windscreens said at the time that it wasn't available as a non genuine item.

Comment

Originally posted by lclascaris View Post
      My rear quarter glass broke on my 3rd Gen a couple of years ago, & I don't know how it happened?

Anyway my insurance company paid for it, I just paid my £50 excess.

Replaced by RAC windscreens using a Genuine part supplied by my local Toyota dealership.

RAC windscreens said at the time that it wasn't available as a non genuine item.
      Hi - thanks for the information. I was concerned that someone mentioned on here that they had theirs done and the interior tint didnt match very well. I know I know call me fussy

My local Toyota dealer wants £280 for the item :-o

Rgds

Ant
      Mazda Rotaries too!

Comment

If it helps, I had to change my sun roof and I was worred the tint would be way out... I got a genuine toyota part, and the tint all matched ok....

I have noticed though that on both of my rear doors the small triangular windows, the tint is peeling back... which if it needs redoing will be a pain to match!
        More Lift.
        More Tyres.
        More Engine.

Comment

Well Autoglass are coming out today and they assure me they source their glass from the same place the manufactures do and that the window with have the same tint! Ive told them I send the fitter away if Im not happy though

Rgds

Ant
          Mazda Rotaries too!

Comment

Working...
          X