Fuel Filter/Redex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pete
    Yeah, do the filters and the usual servicing (give it the Redex). Make sure tyres are not too soft, and see how it's doing. I've read that spotlights, bullbars, and wind deflectors can all make a difference, but I have all of these and they are staying!
    Pete, not taking my wind deflectors off - might mess up my hair!!! I asked the question earlier, but how much Redex needs to go in - be it the tank or filter?

Cheers, Nick
    "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nick V
      Pete, not taking my wind deflectors off - might mess up my hair!!! I asked the question earlier, but how much Redex needs to go in - be it the tank or filter?

Cheers, Nick
      I normally chuck in a whole bottle of redex to a 1/4 (quarter) tank of fuel, as do most others.
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
        I normally chuck in a whole bottle of redex to a 1/4 (quarter) tank of fuel, as do most others.
        Ahh, but what size bottle of Redex - they range from about 400ml upwards?
        "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

My local shop sells three sizes of bottle and I usually use the medium size bottle, can't remember the ml of it, but think its around £5.00 ish
          Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
          My choice
          Back off

Comment

I've done it with the biggest bottle that I could get from Halfords (can't remeber what size but it was bigger than the normal ones you get at a garage). No bad effects.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by onlynik
              I'm getting about 14 mpg, not happy with that, there gonna have to be some changes
              That's crap for a diesel - I get 14 mpg with my V6
              NO WORRIES!
              Rusty

Comment

Originally posted by rusty
                That's crap for a diesel - I get 14 mpg with my V6

Checked tyre pressure, rears were down at 22 PSI, changed air filter, so it should go up a little bit, beside, I mostly do short journeys in town
                There are 10 kind of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

'There's no place like 127.0.0.1'

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
                  I get approx 26-28/Gal from my 2.4L SSR-X (if my calculations are correct) but then I get straight on the M1 at J11 and park about 1.5Miles from J4. I do very little running round and short journeys.

I can use 1/3 tank in one afternoon at the Pit
                  Just done a round trip at weekend of 700km, all motorway (no hold up's either!!) and got about the same as Phil. My usual trips are short, stop start, about town, and it can go under 20, so I've seen what a big difference there is in mpg depending on the type of journeys you are making.
                  Pete

Comment

Working...
                  X