Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4WD Problem: update

Hi all

Well, I have checked and changed the VSVs, even those that are at the back of the engine bay and have nothing to do with the 4WD.
    I've checked all of the pipes for leaks - and they seem OK
    I've checked the front diff oil - plenty
    I've checked the connections on the front diff - pipes and power - all checks out OK
    I've checked the transfer connections where the rear prop starts - power and pipe - shorted one piece of pipe as there was a crack at the very end
    I've replaced the relay under the brake pedal with a known working one

AND STILL IT DOESN'T WORK........

So - what's next????
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

I hope you find out whats wrong for the sake of any others who suffer this problem. Tech writeup will be good if you solve it.

I wish I knew more about them so I could help.
    good luck.
    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

does the vacumn tank keep the vacumn or is it losing the vacumn.is the electrical/vacumn connection coming from the back of the transfer box all intact ??
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
        does the vacumn tank keep the vacumn or is it losing the vacumn.is the electrical/vacumn connection coming from the back of the transfer box all intact ??

This is a 3.0 sir, there is no vacuum tank....checked the connections on the back of the transfer box....

Comment

i have to ask andy,does it actually pop out or is it engaged without the light on ??
          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

there is a schematic on this thread.. just in case http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...light=engaging
            Is the collar sliding all the way over on the front axle? Dunno the proper name for it, at the bottom of the diagram on about the 4th post.

(Just like that. And I thought that made Tony Newley a-, a wonderful human being.)
            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Have you checked the switch???????????
              ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

i have to ask andy,does it actually pop out or is it engaged without the light on ??
                All that happens is the relay clicks on/off/on/off/on/off - this continues for some time, but always stops off... Today, I cleaned the contacts on all connections, including the relay, and it just clicked on and off for ages, no light on the dash, nothing.....

Comment

Have you striped the dash and checked the bulb

Just thinking of the silly things
                  ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

does it still do the same in L4, or is it just the button thats the prob?

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
                      All that happens is the relay clicks on/off/on/off/on/off - this continues for some time, but always stops off... Today, I cleaned the contacts on all connections, including the relay, and it just clicked on and off for ages, no light on the dash, nothing.....
                      Just a 'what if', but what happens if you trigger the relay from a known source. ie, disconnect the drive to the relay coil, and connect it to 12v. See if 4WD works then. If it does, then the problem is probably something to do with the gearbox / 4WD ECU.
                      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
                        This is a 3.0 sir, there is no vacuum tank....checked the connections on the back of the transfer box....
                        how does a 3.0 ltr make the vacumn,is it all off the brake servo (only thing i can think off)
                        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
                          does it still do the same in L4, or is it just the button thats the prob?

Still does it in L4....

Comment

how does a 3.0 ltr make the vacumn,is it all off the brake servo (only thing i can think off)
                            Yes - it all comes from the brake servo...checked all the connections there too - and my brakes are rock solid..

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                              Just a 'what if', but what happens if you trigger the relay from a known source. ie, disconnect the drive to the relay coil, and connect it to 12v. See if 4WD works then. If it does, then the problem is probably something to do with the gearbox / 4WD ECU.

I may try and take the 4WD ECU out of the 2 door and see if that is the culpret....not sure how to do what you've just said though...

Comment

Working...
                              X