• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!

Need help.
    http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...335#post424335
    Rob

Still working for the man!

Sure yours must be like mine Robert .... on at the Top of the bellhousing.....
    A little $hit to get at & another just above the Clutch slave cylinder, I think there's another on the opposit it ...

Hope this help mate n good luck !!

ps. put a slight bend a the ring end combination spanner ....

There's always a payback ..... Ya just neve see it Comin !!!!
    Buncefield Burner

Comment

Bump

Have a free bump ...
      Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel Weazel View Post
        Sure yours must be like mine Robert .... on at the Top of the bellhousing.....
        A little $hit to get at & another just above the Clutch slave cylinder, I think there's another on the opposit it ...

Hope this help mate n good luck !!

ps. put a slight bend a the ring end combination spanner ....

There's always a payback ..... Ya just neve see it Comin !!!!
        Update: deffo no bolts fitted above slave cyl or under inlet manifold.........Bugger
        Rob

Comment

Any more suggestions on how I remove my starter motor without undoing any bolts??
          Rob

Comment

the starter motor is four bolts and a nut

remove nut from bracket
            remove two bolts on bracket and remove
            then there is 2 17 mm bolts where the starter motor connects to the bell housing one below ant the top on is a pig to see and get to if you do not have a bodylift...nomally i use a uj and about six extenders for the socket and a spare person above to watch and guide you ......oh and don't forget to disconnect the electrics
            ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazzard View Post
              the starter motor is four bolts and a nut

remove nut from bracket
              remove two bolts on bracket and remove
              then there is 2 17 mm bolts where the starter motor connects to the bell housing one below ant the top on is a pig to see and get to if you do not have a bodylift...nomally i use a uj and about six extenders for the socket and a spare person above to watch and guide you ......oh and don't forget to disconnect the electrics
              If you follow the link to the other thread, you'll see that I don't have any bolts in those places, which is why I am confused, I have no 17mm bolts, and the bracket is not attatched to the engine.

Any thoughts???
              Rob

Comment

is it a magic starter then?

can you get a screw driver in some place to try and lever something away, then you might be able to see what / where its being held in? if it has to come off anyway...
                i would hate to think that the bolts have been rounded / snapped and its being held in by some other means. you dont see any weld spots do you?
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

There are deffo no 17mm bolts in the holes that they should be in.

It does have to come off, but I need the truck to get to work, so when it comes off to be repaired, then it needs to go back on again.

I hadn't looked for any spot welds, but you have me worried now, I'll have a look in the morning.
                  Rob

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob View Post
                    There are deffo no 17mm bolts in the holes that they should be in.

It does have to come off, but I need the truck to get to work, so when it comes off to be repaired, then it needs to go back on again.

I hadn't looked for any spot welds, but you have me worried now, I'll have a look in the morning.
                    well there has to be something holding it in. ive no idea how it fits on so im only guessing, but if there were no welds or bolts then does the whole starter slide into a hole? otherwise when the starter cranked, the torque would pop it off the flywheel / whatever autos have if not a flywheel
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Mines a manual, but look at the other thread, and Stormy's posted some pics, and I'm gonna have a lokk at the truck when I've drunk my tea, and the rain eases up.
                      Rob

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob View Post
                        Mines a manual, but look at the other thread, and Stormy's posted some pics, and I'm gonna have a lokk at the truck when I've drunk my tea, and the rain eases up.
                        best of luck mate. what crap weather were having for repairs to the truck as well. its misty rain and high wind here.

are you going to try and see if you can pry it free gently just to see whats holding it? i dont believe its what i said - every bolt snapped so its tac-welded, whats the chances of EVERY bolt snapping :/

oh, you could get some wire and poke it down the holes to see if there are holes there?
                        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                        X