Truck no worky - so fed up with it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truck no worky - so fed up with it.

Well today jumped into the truck and it would'nt turn over. Both batteries are totally flat.

I'm having one of those panics today that its just a faulty battery or two faulty batteries and not some robbing fairy that has stolen all it's lecci while I was asleep last night.

So my plans are to drop off one battery at a time and charge them over the weekend and see what happens on monday.

Just a quick question is there a common fault on the diesel 2.4 Second Gen that would cause the batteries to discharge. It's got an immobilizer fitted and I know these can cause some train.

Secondly when I have got the batteries charged how is the best way to test if there is a current drain?
    Tequilla - breakfast of heros.

Originally posted by Muddy Boots View Post
    Well today jumped into the truck and it would'nt turn over. Both batteries are totally flat.

I'm having one of those panics today that its just a faulty battery or two faulty batteries and not some robbing fairy that has stolen all it's lecci while I was asleep last night.

So my plans are to drop off one battery at a time and charge them over the weekend and see what happens on monday.

Just a quick question is there a common fault on the diesel 2.4 Second Gen that would cause the batteries to discharge. It's got an immobilizer fitted and I know these can cause some train.

Secondly when I have got the batteries charged how is the best way to test if there is a current drain?
    disconect a battery terminal and put an ammeter in line anything over 0.2 is a big drain
    JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

Originally posted by lord lucan View Post
      disconect a battery terminal and put an ammeter in line anything over 0.2 is a big drain

Positive or negative or does it make no diff?

Any recommendations on where to get relacement batteries from?

Just another quick question if I had one faulty battery would it cause both to discharge?
      Last edited by Muddy Boots; 14 March 2008, 12:11.

Comment

If one of the batteries are knackered, it'll pull the other one down with it.

Comment

Warwick Batteries were pretty cheap last year... 126 birmingham road 01926 492759. They didn't take plastic though...
          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt View Post
            Warwick Batteries were pretty cheap last year... 126 birmingham road 01926 492759. They didn't take plastic though...

Chap can you check the number again. The Warwick Arms Hotel doesnt stock batteries form the Surf.

Comment

Both my batteries finally gave up the ghost last week, 10.42 volts on one of them. Found it was cheaper to get one big battery than two little ones.
              Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Positive or negative or does it make no diff?

Any recommendations on where to get relacement batteries from?

Just another quick question if I had one faulty battery would it cause both to discharge?
                makes no diff which terminal, as previously said faulty battery will drag a good one down if you can find out which one is fooked dis it an run on the good one after its charged for a temp messure, but its also recomended to buy two together
                JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

Chap can you check the number again. The Warwick Arms Hotel doesnt stock batteries form the Surf.

I am such a tool... its 01926 400400.

It's 162, not 126 birmingham road, as well.....
                  it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Join the club!!!!!!

Jumped into the truck this morning selected reverse no problem drove 5m then went top select first................

Nothing

I have a wibly wobly gear stick that doesnt do anything.
                    Luckily can drive my sisters car so jumped in that to get to work.

If it was my only car I would have been a little bit more worried.

Comment

Just thought I would bung something onto this thread in case anyone searches it in the future.

I have tried various places to get replacement twin batteries and believe it or not Toyota World have come out cheapest at £42 per battery currently in stock.

I hope it's just a knackered battery that has caused the problem but in all fairness at under 100 snots for two batteries it's worth changing them.

Comment

Originally posted by truckarms View Post
                        Join the club!!!!!!

Jumped into the truck this morning selected reverse no problem drove 5m then went top select first................

Nothing

I have a wibly wobly gear stick that doesnt do anything.
                        Luckily can drive my sisters car so jumped in that to get to work.

If it was my only car I would have been a little bit more worried.

Well, if you will keep jumping into vehicles they will eventually break.

Comment

Just thought I would bung something onto this thread in case anyone searches it in the future.

I have tried various places to get replacement twin batteries and believe it or not Toyota World have come out cheapest at £42 per battery currently in stock.

I hope it's just a knackered battery that has caused the problem but in all fairness at under 100 snots for two batteries it's worth changing them.
                          Eh? My Toyota dealer wanted £67 + vat for each battery! As previously stated I ended up paying £128.00 for two. If you get them for £84, well done, but I'll be well miffed!

'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Working...
                          X