Very noisy engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very noisy engine

I replaced my oil 3 weeks ago, and overfilled a little, so have had a bit of a swimmy engine sound for a while, so dropped the over supply out and it's now right on the F line on the dipstick.....however....I almost ran of of fuel the other day, the Surf refused to start (right outside Halfrauds...) but got it round the corner and filled up. Now the engine is making a hell of a noise, very agricultural, there is plenty of oil, but have I just gacked up the injectors by nearly running out of fuel???

Shall I just put a new fuel filter on and fill it with ATF and drive it like I stole it for a while - do you think this may be the reason for the very clattery engine sound, or have I broken something???
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Might be worthwhile cracking the injector feeds one by one and making sure fuel is getting through to all of them, just incase anything got through and clogged anything.

Comment

There is a small filter on the fuel pump on the 3.0 as well I believe.

Comment

oh deepjoy dude.due to my not replacing the fuel filter for 4 months(forgot...im sorry) i thought i had a turbo prob but it turns out its the very same thing wot you ave !!!
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Working...
        X