• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bombing on the Wash.

Just home,
    Had tea,
    Dogs out walking the garden, great site and sound, RAF/USAF,
    Doing practice runs on Dawsmere bombing range. Awsome to see and hear them in dark really loud as they drop down into the Wash watching red tail lights moving up and down.

Some people mone around here about noise, but they have to practice somwere me thinks.

perhaps if the yanks practice a bit more they'll hit the enemy and not our ground troops.

thats worth putting up with the noise surely. you're right though, how can people complain about the noise of the practicing, especially these days. besides, you know what you're in for when you live in military areas.
    i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Yes mate youre spot on,
      Put in about USAF, but I think its only RAF tonight, as I sit here tapping away they are still going at it .

I have seen the new Euro Fighter when I was shooting pigeon on the Marshes, BUGGER thats somthing else.

Comment

Love it! Always have, but I've worked with aircraft since my late teens.

Waiting for our range slot with the Apache at Donna Nook last year I stood on the dunes watching a couple of Tornados straffing beach targets with their cannons. Awesome sight and noise!

Got to see the 30mm gun trials out at Yuma with Apache too. Emptying the whole magazine in several long bursts. Watched him side on from about a click away, it actually moved the helo backwards!
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

growing up in aldershot and seeing all the preperation for the farnborough airshows you see all the cool new stuff. well, used to. not half as much military here any more. IMHO the town's got worse since the para's left years ago.

Comment

Awesome,
            I,ve often been out polishin the missus scooby (roughtly) and doing all detailed work on my Surf on Summer nights when heavy machine gun fire goin off, prob frob helicopter ?

Comment

Originally posted by Webbo View Post
              Awesome,
              I,ve often been out polishin the missus scooby (roughtly) and doing all detailed work on my Surf on Summer nights when heavy machine gun fire goin off, prob frob helicopter ?
              sure it weren't the scooby backfiring?

Comment

Could well be, there's a couple of places North of the wash where they 'hang out'

Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
                X