Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine nackerd..

Alright there folks,

I have no mechanical experience, which has become all too evadent...!!!

i now know why the pipe that runs from the top of the engine is cable-tied to the bottom of my wagon and not running through the breather, as you probably all know its because my engine f$&ked...! 2k i paid for my Surf and she's ma first motor but i still love her all the same..!!!
    The mechanic did say it could run like this for an other 125000k as long as i keep her engine oil at half full, (nae good)! he also said rather than get a new block, i'd be better getting a new engine, it would work out cheeper in the long run, i dont have the cash and i was hoping to take the wagon to Norway, where i plan to work the summer months (no luck)..!! the other option is to save the cash by working the summer at home buy a new engine and head to Spain to do the Camino de Santiago in May with the ex-girlfried. nae sure what to do?

If any of you fine folks out there can help, by saggesting a reputable place to by a used or a referb 2.4 td engine, please dont hesitate let me know!

cheers all...

Ade

p.s apparently its just the block, the rest of the motor he recons is worth the money i paid.. Small mercies..!!

Originally posted by spillthesoup View Post
    Alright there folks,

I have no mechanical experience, which has become all too evadent...!!!

i now know why the pipe that runs from the top of the engine is cable-tied to the bottom of my wagon and not running through the breather, as you probably all know its because my engine f$&ked...! 2k i paid for my Surf and she's ma first motor but i still love her all the same..!!!
    The mechanic did say it could run like this for an other 125000k as long as i keep her engine oil at half full, (nae good)! he also said rather than get a new block, i'd be better getting a new engine, it would work out cheeper in the long run, i dont have the cash and i was hoping to take the wagon to Norway, where i plan to work the summer months (no luck)..!! the other option is to save the cash by working the summer at home buy a new engine and head to Spain to do the Camino de Santiago in May with the ex-girlfried. nae sure what to do?

If any of you fine folks out there can help, by saggesting a reputable place to by a used or a referb 2.4 td engine, please dont hesitate let me know!

cheers all...

Ade

p.s apparently its just the block, the rest of the motor he recons is worth the money i paid.. Small mercies..!!
    hi ade.
    need more details of apparent engine damage.are you saying that the blow by is high causing the engine to blow oil out of the breather tube.??? i would of though a simple compression test would resolve any issues.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
      hi ade.
      need more details of apparent engine damage.are you saying that the blow by is high causing the engine to blow oil out of the breather tube.??? i would of though a simple compression test would resolve any issues.
      in a much and such way, yes..! nae to much oil..

when you say a compression test, how do i go about that, sorry but i'v nae clue at this..!!

thanks for your help though bud..

regards, Ade

Comment

Originally posted by spillthesoup View Post
        in a much and such way, yes..! nae to much oil..

when you say a compression test, how do i go about that, sorry but i'v nae clue at this..!!

thanks for your help though bud..

regards, Ade
        get your local garage to do a diesel compression test and if needed a sniffer test.the high blow by could be due to a few things,i.e worn piston rings or even a simple thing like a blown head gasket.cracked head.what colour is the smoke from the exhaust.
        Last edited by surfenstein; 11 March 2008, 21:24.
        www.overfab.uk

Comment

a sniffer test.
          mark, is that similar to the finger sniff test on the 1st date?
          i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Originally posted by logey79 View Post
            mark, is that similar to the finger sniff test on the 1st date?
            yea kind of logey.normally if you wind up on yer a55 after youve done the deed,stay well clear.unless of course its old toxic arse himself,just dont go there.
            Last edited by surfenstein; 11 March 2008, 21:25.
            www.overfab.uk

Comment

yea kind of logey.normally if you wind up on yer a55 after youve done the deed,stay well clear.unless of course its old toxic arse himself,just dont go there.
              www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

NOW look what you have done, you ave gone and upset the yeti, would not like to be in your shoes, you wait till the tech weekend, he will get you back big time.......................... ...
                Working at last.......

Comment

[QUOTE=surfenstein;422796]get your local garage to do a diesel compression test and if needed a sniffer test.the high blow by could be due to a few things,i.e worn piston rings or even a simple thing like a blown head gasket.cracked head.what colour is the smoke from the exhaust.[/QUOTE

Alright there Mark,

The garage recons its the rings!

The colour of the smoke generaly seems to depend on the oil level, she does like to blow out reek in a big way when starting.

i dont know if to save cash and if i do head to Spain, maybe stop off on the way down and get a new engine fitted..!?

Anyway Mark cheers for your help, catch you later.

Ade

Comment

Working...
                  X