Broke down today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broke down today

Well the title says it all really, I was on my way to work at 7:30 and my truck cut out on a slipway going off the a38! wouldn't start wouldn't do anything really! called flux rescue and a nice man came and rescued me. Cheap insurance and recovery in about 45 mins in rush hour!!!! whilst sat there blocking the outside lane causing big tailbacks plenty of trucks and other vehicles big enough to give me a tow at least out of the way just drove past looking the other way or tutting!!! just show what goes around doesn't come around. shall i still stop and offer help to anyone stranded?!?!? probably!

Well after said nice man got me home and dropped my truck off in the car park near my house, the dude managed to park it better off the flat bed than most people manage to do with their little cars! a new air and oil filter later and a tank of fuel and some forte shes running sweet as a nut! all for about £20. if any ones interested i got both filters from kevin coopers (roughtrax delivered £23) the part numbers are air CR9149, fuel CR5021. had to search cos surfs are not listed but they were very help full.

Damm crappy fuel gauge (was on my way to get some diesel) and DAMM those horrid people who cant give the time of day to someone stuck and in the need of help.

Oh and i want a flat bed truck they are the mutts think that was the best bit watching that thing, think i am getting truck obsessed!!
    it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Ioty?

Hey Matt

One for IOTY?
    My other cars a QUAD
    (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
    http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

Originally posted by sv1000spilot View Post
      Hey Matt

One for IOTY?
      After the trick I did at the petrol station today, I'm keeping quiet.

He gets my vote though.

Comment

Originally posted by drunkmonkeyboy View Post
        Well the title says it all really, I was on my way to work at 7:30 and my truck cut out on a slipway going off the a38! wouldn't start wouldn't do anything really! called flux rescue and a nice man came and rescued me. Cheap insurance and recovery in about 45 mins in rush hour!!!! whilst sat there blocking the outside lane causing big tailbacks plenty of trucks and other vehicles big enough to give me a tow at least out of the way just drove past looking the other way or tutting!!! just show what goes around doesn't come around. shall i still stop and offer help to anyone stranded?!?!? probably!

Well after said nice man got me home and dropped my truck off in the car park near my house, the dude managed to park it better off the flat bed than most people manage to do with their little cars! a new air and oil filter later and a tank of fuel and some forte shes running sweet as a nut! all for about £20. if any ones interested i got both filters from kevin coopers (roughtrax delivered £23) the part numbers are air CR9149, fuel CR5021. had to search cos surfs are not listed but they were very help full.

Damm crappy fuel gauge (was on my way to get some diesel) and DAMM those horrid people who cant give the time of day to someone stuck and in the need of help.

Oh and i want a flat bed truck they are the mutts think that was the best bit watching that thing, think i am getting truck obsessed!!
        Flatbed truck probably gets better MPG too
        Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

surf does too when travelling on back of one of them.
          i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

ive driven flatbed for years,they are amazing

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
              After the trick I did at the petrol station today, I'm keeping quiet.

He gets my vote though.
              oh yeah!!!!!!!! tell us more m8 we wont laugh honest we wont

Comment

Originally posted by pirate-storm View Post
                oh yeah!!!!!!!! tell us more m8 we wont laugh honest we wont
                Somebody was looking at the litres gauge instead of the price gauge on the pump. Felt a right muppet when I went to pay. Wondered why he was counting change when I'd supposedly put a round figures worth in, moneywise.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                  Somebody was looking at the litres gauge instead of the price gauge on the pump. Felt a right muppet when I went to pay. Wondered why he was counting change when I'd supposedly put a round figures worth in, moneywise.
                  easy done m8 though ive never done that yet but seen others who have .

Comment

Originally posted by pirate-storm View Post
                    though ive never done that yet
                    Before today, neither had I.

Comment

I'd be more than happy to put 60 litres in and get change from £60 at the moment
                      =========
                      =SOLD UP!=
                      =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
                        I'd be more than happy to put 60 litres in and get change from £60 at the moment
                        Works the opposite way round at the moment though, with prices being above a quid. It cost me more than I thought I'd put in.

Comment

The only time I <-- put the wrong fuel in was when i was messing around using up all my change! I had like £14.83 or something i wanted to use. Soo.... clearly i couldnt think "diesel" an then "14.83" so in went £14 worth of petrol!

that was on the old truck - the new one ive been spot on with! it was the W**ker at the attented pump who put petrol in it!!!

Sh!t proptly hit the fan....

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                            Soo.... clearly i couldnt think "diesel" an then "14.83" so in went £14 worth of petrol!
                            No wonder they say blokes are crap at multi-tasking.

Comment

Working...
                            X