Doh!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doh!

Friend of mine lost my one and only Surf key a while back (I know - I should've had a spare!) - am just getting round to sorting it now

Thankfully 'Skyhook' on here has pointed me in the right direction (cheapest!) get a local auto locksmith out to take a mould from barrel and cut new keys.

'Luckily' some local radio robbing b******s have already provided access to the truck whilst it's been parked up so the locksmith won't need to break in

I phoned up the locksmith and he needs to know if the key is coded (immobiliser) - it's a 1996 3rd gen with the usual remote locking on the key fob - anyone know the answer pls???

Nope!!!!

Not on mine anyway!
    More Lift.
    More Tyres.
    More Engine.

Comment

Mine aint either.
      http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

Easiest way to tell for sure is to remove the trim around the ignition barrell and if it is coded there will be a coil type thing around the ignition barrell although it'll be housed in plastic, but it'll be like a plastic ring with two wires going into it and will fit right around the ignition barrell somewhere.

Generally speaking though it's only more recently that factory immobilisers have been fitted to JDM vehicles, so it probably doesn't have one.
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

Mine has a thatcham 2 imob, factory fitted.
          If it can be broken it can be fixed

Comment

Thanks guys!

So it seems like it isn't coded then

I'll post how the repair goes and how much!!

Comment

Working...
            X