No announcement yet.

Help!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

as mentioned previously,joker had the smae thing when dunking his truck in plains ponds !!
    he tapped the alternator body with a hammer shaft ,whilst the engine was running and it sprang back into life and has been fine ever since
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

okay ill be back in 5 minutes
      Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

smackred it everywhich way and nuffink
        Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

possibly new alternator dude
          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

okey dokey i think so too, thanks for the help
            Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

beeeeeeeeeeepppppp........

Mine's going the same way.
              In my old Merc, I had the brushes on the altenator replaced (to get the car going and home) before getting the altenator replaced.

The problem was that the shaft on the altenator where the brushes rub was so severely worn into two nice big grooves, through the copper into the steel bar, that the brushes were wearing out in less than a week

SO... check the brushes first, then see if its the bar. (mental note - do same myself at weekend)

cheers
              andy
              If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lang-Shankit Scunner View Post
                its a 3 pin plug but it hasnt been connected before as it has mud in it and everything.

It just behaves as if the engine hasent started and volts on dash dial are down near half on tick over instead of 3/4.

Plus it was very sudden, went to tesco fine no probs went out and it started doing it then.

Altenator then maybe?
                A grey triangular shaped plug? Mine has it too and looked like it was plugged into something on or around the alternator, but I ain't got a 2.4 engine anymore to check.

Bad earth between engine and chassis/body could be causing the problem too, may have been disloged when you had your truck lifted/painted/froaded.

Comment

Working...
                X