intercooler fitted top mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• intercooler fitted top mount

managed to fit my l200 intercooler today top mount above rocker cover only needed the pipes that were with it and a couple of bits of steel tube cut out the bonnet and fitted the isuzi scoop the other day managed all this and with out having to do a body lift intercooler is about 2-3"above rocker cover havnt fitted the fan though but read its not really needed,cooler is sticking above the hight of the boonet about 10mill but fits into the hole cut out for the scoop, bin looking at the engine bay for ages thinking to myself that it looks like it would go in without having to do a body lift first and so it did just had to move a couple of things about first gunna still do the body lift at a later stage but for now the intercooler is in and iv noticed the difference strait away seems more responsive and quicker gonna do the steep bank test in the next few days see if its inproved there aswell couldnt have done it without this site its so usefull

Well done mate but a picture says a thousand words
    www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

have took some pictures but dont know how to put them on here im not that good with computers
      cheers
      mick

Comment

upload them to photobucket (google it, i can't do links)
        www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

Punctuation helps too.
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

There ya go! they'll load straight from your file if they aint too big, have a try and if it rejects the upload then sing on to the below (no cost) and transfer em, then click on the url at the bottom, copy and past into your post on ere"

http://photobucket.com/
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...08/cooler1.jpg
              http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...2008/scoop.jpg
              http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...08/cooler2.jpg took some doing but heres the photos pipes could do with a tidy up but for now its in and working will sort the pipes at a later date
              cheers
              mick
              Last edited by mick19691; 10 March 2008, 16:16.

Comment

looks like a nice tidy install to me how easy can you get to the oil filler cap still?
                =========
                =SOLD UP!=
                =========

Comment

impressive set up, what pipe is that you used and where did you get it from?
                  Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

I can get at the oil filler cap ok with a funnel to top up as for the pipes most were with the intercooler and i took another bit off another l200 intercooler i have in the shed just didnt have the angles to make the pipes shorter but works well regardless,makes a noticable performance difference for such a cheap and not to difficult modification
                    cheers
                    mick

Comment

Nice Job mate... (sculkin away to look at swmibo's Mitsy cooler)
                      be back later wiv it under me arm when she's not looking !!!!!

There's always a Payback .... Ya just never see it Comin !!!!
                      Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel Weazel View Post
                        Nice Job mate... (sculkin away to look at swmibo's Mitsy cooler)
                        be back later wiv it under me arm when she's not looking !!!!!

There's always a Payback .... Ya just never see it Comin !!!!
                        have you got a body lift yet mate? They won't fit on otherwise
                        Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

its on its done its working i havnt got a lift

Comment

Nice job Mick, those L200 one fit just nice, i thought mine was an L200 but it's a dam sight bigger, had a hell of a job and could'nt have done it without a lift, plus i had to fit a bigger scoop to cover the hole (made the mistake of cutting it before getting a scoop) plus over a ton on pipework,

you had one of these on your bonnet did'nt ya!!! nice bars as well, are they stickers on the top rails there??
                            Attached Files
                            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Hehe, brings a smile to my face every time i see a pic of one of your colourful projects Ian. Need to go and sit in a dark room for an hour now
                              http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                              X