newbie tothe forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie tothe forum

thought i had better introuduce myself before i start posting on here, asi have just bought a imported 2nd gen 3.0td surf. i wouldn't rate the dealer, though he's not local to me, bit of an a***e really.
    picked up a m reg green 3.0 td auto surf, but i have no idea of what model as some thieving beggar nicked all the badges off the back end. she's reasonable mileage at 91,000 k's when i bought her and paid just over the 3 grand on here.
    the dealer was an ass and tried to bull me over certain things, i don't admit to know much about surfs ( my old man knows about toyotas after working for them as service manager a few years back ), but to try and say that the foglight wasn't fitted due a fussy mot assessor is a joke! said the bloke whinged as it was n't fitted right for him. shame there's no fixing points already made for it!!

so know i am going to tidy it all up and hopefully have some fun.

bought the surf as i where i live isn't the best!! did live tewkesbury until the floods and took the wise decision to move halfway up a hill, shame that if it rains it floods route to and from work and if it snows they shut the hill off due to useless drivers getting stuck. one of which had a 4x4 anyway. think it was a new disco.

couple of quick questions, will i be able to run biodiesel in the surf without any problems?
    also where can i get the rubber seals thact go in between the front arch extensions and the wing?? mine have perished and could do with a new set.

the second is that does anyone know if there's a window switch that will fit the centre consol where the coin holder clips in to run the rear window, as i have a dog.

thanks
    aaron

Originally posted by averyaaron1979 View Post
    thought i had better introuduce myself before i start posting on here, asi have just bought a imported 2nd gen 3.0td surf. i wouldn't rate the dealer, though he's not local to me, bit of an a***e really.
    picked up a m reg green 3.0 td auto surf, but i have no idea of what model as some thieving beggar nicked all the badges off the back end. she's reasonable mileage at 91,000 k's when i bought her and paid just over the 3 grand on here.
    the dealer was an ass and tried to bull me over certain things, i don't admit to know much about surfs ( my old man knows about toyotas after working for them as service manager a few years back ), but to try and say that the foglight wasn't fitted due a fussy mot assessor is a joke! said the bloke whinged as it was n't fitted right for him. shame there's no fixing points already made for it!!

so know i am going to tidy it all up and hopefully have some fun.

bought the surf as i where i live isn't the best!! did live tewkesbury until the floods and took the wise decision to move halfway up a hill, shame that if it rains it floods route to and from work and if it snows they shut the hill off due to useless drivers getting stuck. one of which had a 4x4 anyway. think it was a new disco.

couple of quick questions, will i be able to run biodiesel in the surf without any problems?
    also where can i get the rubber seals thact go in between the front arch extensions and the wing?? mine have perished and could do with a new set.

the second is that does anyone know if there's a window switch that will fit the centre consol where the coin holder clips in to run the rear window, as i have a dog.

thanks
    aaron
    Welcome to the nuthouse Aaron, feel free to make yourself at home - I'm the squirrel they all warn you about !!!

Assuming you have a 2nd gen (the tailgate drops down to open) there should already be a switch for the rear window in the centre console.

You should be able to run bio without problem, in the colder temps I would suggest either mixing or having a fuel heater fitted.

Don't worry about our Yeti, he's ALMOST housetrained
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

thanks for that, i am sure there's wiring for the rear window, but there's no switch think i had better put a list of bits i am after in the wanted section.

forgot to mention that i have the winter pack fitted to the surf already, with two batteries, rear heater and also i believe a fuel heater?!?!
      any ideas on how to check this on out?

i am just happy to get back to toyotas and not driving a french motor everyday... when it didn't break down anyway!

Originally posted by UDTrev View Post
      Welcome to the nuthouse Aaron, feel free to make yourself at home - I'm the squirrel they all warn you about !!!

Assuming you have a 2nd gen (the tailgate drops down to open) there should already be a switch for the rear window in the centre console.

You should be able to run bio without problem, in the colder temps I would suggest either mixing or having a fuel heater fitted.

Don't worry about our Yeti, he's ALMOST housetrained

Comment

forgot to mention that i have the winter pack fitted to the surf already, with two batteries, rear heater and also i believe a fuel heater?!?!
        any ideas on how to check this on out?
        Check for wiring to the fuel filter, I believe the filter will have wiring to the TOP of it, there are wires to the base for the water sensor.

Hippo has the dual batteries and the rear blower, but I had to fit a heater from fleabay to her.

Trev

Comment

Check for wiring to the fuel filter, I believe the filter will have wiring to the TOP of it, there are wires to the base for the water sensor.

Hippo has the dual batteries and the rear blower, but I had to fit a heater from fleabay to her.

Trev

thanks for that i shall do,

quick question how do you work out which model spec it is??

ie ssrx or ssrg?

thanks
          aaron

Comment

thanks for that i shall do,

quick question how do you work out which model spec it is??

ie ssrx or ssrg?

thanks
            aaron
            The stickers on the back

But I wouldn't worry, the Japs tended to raid the options book when they got their trucks, is your interior made by recaro ? if so you could well have a SSR-G.

Trev

Comment

Hi mate, and welcome. I'm just up the road from you in Malvern.

SSRX, SSRG etc etc, the extras fitted were pretty much down to the original buyer, but a general giveaway of an SSRG is Recaro seats. Beyond that, no reliable indications.
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

The stickers on the back

But I wouldn't worry, the Japs tended to raid the options book when they got their trucks, is your interior made by recaro ? if so you could well have a SSR-G.

Trev

trev no it's not recaro's unfortunately
                was debating about an upgrade to seom better seats.

Comment

Half a page wasted 'cos Trev is QUOTING LONG POSTS!!! again.

Hello Aaron.

Comment

Hi Aaron and welcome to the forum, im just down the road from u in the forest of dean.

Comment

Mitsy's one of the few from that area WITHOUT deformities caused by marrying family members though

Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                        Mitsy's one of the few from that area WITHOUT deformities caused by marrying family members though

Its not that bad down hear.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitsy View Post
                          Its not that bad down hear.
                          i was in cinderford the other day, working unfortunately, but it was okay.
                          nice area shame about some of the locals

Comment

i was in cinderford the other day, working unfortunately, but it was okay.
                            nice area shame about some of the locals
                            Now Now be nice. I live in worrall hill which is about 2 miles from cinderford.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                              Hi mate, and welcome. I'm just up the road from you in Malvern.

SSRX, SSRG etc etc, the extras fitted were pretty much down to the original buyer, but a general giveaway of an SSRG is Recaro seats. Beyond that, no reliable indications.
                              nice to know that there's a local owner to me too, atleast i can have some fun.
                              should see the truck running around soon, you wont miss it.
                              with the mutt in the back as he's going to need a fair bit of training this summer.

Comment

Working...
                              X