Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a couple of questions.

hi

ive recently bourght a surf, its a 97 ssrg. its currently sitting on a boat somewhere in the sea. i should get it in early april. so while im waiting i thought i might as well find a few things out.

first thing is power. i saw a ad saying 123bhp from a 3L non intercooler. mines got an intercooler so how much bhp does it have?

also when i get it i intend to underseal it. is there anything else i need to do to protect it from the crappy english weather?

also is there a maintance manual that you can get thats not in japanese?

Any help would be great.

thanks

jay

With an intercooler i would guess at 150 bhp, i would use waxoyl not underseal as that tends to hide things and you dont see them till its too late so regualar waxoyling helps fight aswell as protect, and yes there should be a=n english book someone on here may be able to enlighten you further on that.

Welcome to Surfdom

p.s when where you planning to start up this new salon business anyway?
    Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

salon business?

was that directed towards my comment of the weather? or the fact ive bought a generation 3 which is clearly superiour? (because they look so lovely)

cheers for the replys.

Comment

Originally posted by JayC View Post
        salon business?

was that directed towards my comment of the weather? or the fact ive bought a generation 3 which is clearly superiour? (because they look so lovely)
        cheers for the replys.
        If plastic is your thing
        Brian

Comment

The vastly superior intercooled third gen has 145 pretty pink ponies with bows as well as a full complement of hairdressing tools as standard

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

see, bob knows where its at.

145 you say. thats not to bad. more than i was expecting. ive seen on rough-trax that they do a performance air filter. does anyone have one? did it make any differance?

cheers

Comment

Its not a sportscar. Performance air filter? Better spending the money on beer mate.

If you're just gonna pose with it, yeah, shiny things under the bonnet might light your candle, but if you're gonna get it dirty, a few months down the line you'll be junking the performance air filter, wondering where you put the original airbox and fitting a snorkel.

Welcome along BTW
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I made enquiries about high performance air filters a while back and the consensus was that they let more muck in as well as air and the only increase you'll see is the level of noise as the air is sucked in !

At that point I gave up worrying about improving the power easily but if the budget was there then I might revisit the issue - along with a BIG stainless exhaust and a BobBox or similar

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

along with a BIG stainless exhaust and a Bollox or similar
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
                  X