Sh!t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sh!t

Sorry about the title, that was a temper tantrum as I tried seven times to post this thread with the heading Good News Bad News but it would not accept the post. Soon as typed in 'Sh!t' it posted straight away!!!!!!

Bad news - had to pay £128 for two batteries, cheapest I could find and only place that had an 068 in stock.

Worse news - starter motor is still clicking! (Why am I not Surprised?)

Better news - the wife was quoted £70 to fix her washing machine. Bought new brushes for £9 and fixed it myself!

Good news - ordered a starter motor repair kit from Roughtrax and it should be here by Friday!

All I need now is some universal joints fitted to my wrists to get at the starter motor top bolt and I'll be laughing (well maybe not)!

Last edited by Scorpion; 5 March 2008, 18:28.
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

I have prob's posting some stuff, mainly surf train request's weird is it not!!!
    have you got a body lift? that makes it a bit easier getting at the starter,
    their made for little japanese persons hands i reccon, good luck with it mate,
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
      have you got a body lift?
      I've only got 2 inches mate!

Very small in comparison with the big boys on here!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
        I've only got 2 inches mate!

Very small in comparison with the big boys on here!!!!

its not the size that counts its how you use it...
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Hi guys

You think thats bad

2 weeks ago i paid £129.98 for two batteries
          yesterday i paid £90.48 for a full engine gasket set
          and today i paid £117.00 for a new water pump

Having said that,the parts were for both of my surf's
          Also today i shut the seatbelt in the door and shattered the latch on the belt.

Well that's my moan over with for today
          Cheers
          Paul

Comment

2" have served me well,
            it does allow ya to get the bolt from the n/s wheel arch tho, you may have to remove some bits to lift the starter out, got mine out when i did the big strip down, easy then, (dont forget to disconnect the "new batterys")
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
              (dont forget to disconnect the "new batterys")
              Will do mate! That would top a great week, fry my new batteries!

One weird thing though, the positive terminal on the 069 was very slightly smaller than the old one, I had to take the plastic 'spacer' out of the connecting ring to get a good bite on the terminal.

Comment

You access starter from n/s inner wing.

good idea to take fuel filter off of bulkhead, starter comes up out of engine bay.

ask yoshie for tips. I was very ill and he did mine in the rain and cold.
                Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Great, thanks for the tips Alan. My days of lying under cars are numbered I'm afraid, the old back ain't what it used to be. I remember lying in the street replacing Transit gearboxes on my own, but those days are long gone!

If there's an easy way of doing a job I'll definately take that route!

Comment

Will do mate! That would top a great week, fry my new batteries!

One weird thing though, the positive terminal on the 069 was very slightly smaller than the old one, I had to take the plastic 'spacer' out of the connecting ring to get a good bite on the terminal.

Yep so did I, usually jap battery terminals are the small one's but these are the other way round.
                    Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Originally posted by Artful_dodger View Post
                      Hi guys

2 weeks ago i paid £129.98 for two batteries
                      yesterday i paid £90.48 for a full engine gasket set
                      and today i paid £117.00 for a new water pump

Having said that,the parts were for both of my surf's
                      Also today i shut the seatbelt in the door and shattered the latch on the belt.

Well that's my moan over with for today
                      Cheers
                      Paul
                      YOU THINK THAT'S BAD!!!!!!, check this out........all absolutely true..

1. End of Mcross season last year, some chump took out my son mid-air and wrecked his bike. Spent 100 quid on new spokes, then found out forks bent. Had to buy new bike for Xmas.

2. Xmas eve, frustrated husband backed into my car, agreed it was his fault, then claimed 50/50 on my insurance....lost the case, no witnesses, 150 excess and lost no-claims.

3. Dad in hosp Xmas Day

4. Jan.. Dad died....utterly distraught...light of my life

5. Two weeks later dozy b******d rammed the back of my car at 50 miles an hour, car written off, just received a cheque for £500 after all the deductions they made....still have to pay DVLA £105.00 to keep our private plate.

6. just spent two days trying to fix internet problem, line down, discovered the PC is knackered, luckily still have the Mac to surf the net. Lost two days work and a PC

7. Just got Hilux back from garage, fuel pump gone...finished....kapput.

No car, no Dad, no money, no PC...all gone.....knackered...only good thing to say is I'm still here to tell the tale, even if I am spittin feathers.

Hope everyone else is having a better time than me. Rant over....

Comment

Great, thanks for the tips Alan. My days of lying under cars are numbered I'm afraid, the old back ain't what it used to be. I remember lying in the street replacing Transit gearboxes on my own, but those days are long gone!

If there's an easy way of doing a job I'll definately take that route!
                        Hi mate
                        if you need a garage mine is empty this weekend

cheers
                        Mick

Comment

Originally posted by kimd View Post
                          7. Just got Hilux back from garage, fuel pump gone...finished....kapput.
                          sad times and bad times (lost my bro in law to brain tumor in nov, 4 days from diagnosis to burial. he was 33, his daughter was 10 months old)

anyhow... If you need a pump, ive got one, but the solenoid is fooked - yours for £50 if you want it, plus carriage or surf train it. not sure if it has any other issues, i never checked.

or, go to Toyota and order the £200 quid version rather than the £2k one!

best wishes
                          If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

Originally posted by nocatmcm View Post
                            Hi mate
                            if you need a garage mine is empty this weekend

cheers
                            Mick
                            Hi Mick, thanks for that mate. Unfortunately I'm back on shift work for a while and I'm 2 till 10 Saturday and Sunday. Got a mate who will do it for me for £20, so I'm just letting him do it as I've been told it's a pain!

Thanks again for the offer mate.

Comment

Working...
                            X