Winch Bumper Idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winch Bumper Idea

Been having a look at the one made by Smiffy, and thought about making my own. And so based on the Smiffy's drawings for the cradle I had a play and came up with this. What do you reckon? Chaos winch-bumpers

If anytihng it was a chance to play with the 3D modelling part of the drawing programme I have at work.
    Hold my beer and watch this

looks good m8 does it come in black?? n where is the winch hole? lol

Comment

NICE, like it, could you continue the bars across the middle section to continue the look even if they were only half cicles to fit the winch in. I have always liked two continous curved bars as the bumper.
      Good work,
      Darren

Comment

Originally posted by pirate-storm View Post
        looks good m8 does it come in black?? n where is the winch hole? lol
        lol didn't go into great enough detail to put the fairlead hole on. Plus still learning how to do things like that on the drawing programme. Anyone else using AutoCAD 2008?

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
          NICE, like it, could you continue the bars across the middle section to continue the look even if they were only half cicles to fit the winch in. I have always liked two continous curved bars as the bumper.
          Good work,
          Darren
          I thought about that, but decided I'd like to keep the flat section at the front as it would be easier to fit a fairlead onto it.

Comment

needs a brace down either side of the tray onto the crossbar between the chassis mounts. And chrome plating!
            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Alright Jason.

Looks good,but i'd change one thing. I'll try to explain. I looked it the double tube as what you've drawn and the only thing that put me off was how far forward the tube sat leaving a big gap between it and front of truck. I know that you ideally want to take the squareness off the winch box/cradle sp how about takin the two front corners off at an angle and set tube further back,i'll try do a better drawing.......................

\________/
              www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

Originally posted by smiffy View Post
                Alright Jason.

Looks good,but i'd change one thing. I'll try to explain. I looked it the double tube as what you've drawn and the only thing that put me off was how far forward the tube sat leaving a big gap between it and front of truck. I know that you ideally want to take the squareness off the winch box/cradle sp how about takin the two front corners off at an angle and set tube further back,i'll try do a better drawing.......................

\________/
                I see what you're saying, to cover the gaps I was thinking of chequer plate over them. Setting them back would be a good idea, but not too sure how far to set them back. As too far may not allow a winch to fit. A use for the gap would be to plate the underside and use them store areas for ropes or other odds and ends.

Comment

Like this........................lo okin down on it
                  Attached Files
                  www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

i would go straight across with the tube to keep the strength there then put a flat plate across the front to hold the fairlead,always liked tubed bumpers[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
                    JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

Nice 1 Jason Like it mate !!!! Ya derserve a Star award !!!!!!!
                      I'll be having one ............... When ya fabricatining em ?

Spoze ya sparetime job's n an Arcitect .....

There's always a Payback .... Ya just never see it Comin !!!!
                      Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel Weazel View Post
                        Nice 1 Jason Like it mate !!!! Ya derserve a Star award !!!!!!!
                        I'll be having one ............... When ya fabricatining em ?

Spoze ya sparetime job's n an Arcitect .....

There's always a Payback .... Ya just never see it Comin !!!!
                        Kind of architect, looking after the engineering at Poole Harbour. Will have a go in the next couple of months at making one. Never welded in my life before, but have a few friends on hand to help in exchange for beer (welding party)

Comment

That looks dam good Jason, the actual drawing is spot on to, could do with playing with that for a hydraulic side step i'm trying to dream up

Lord Lucan, thats a nice looking truck mate, like the bars, dont see to many white ones although one lives quite near me, (and it's clean)
                          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Looks good mate. Could you make the box section bits that run at 45 degrees-ish out of tube as per the bumper? Radius them as per the bumper? That would give lower front protection too then. Do you know what I mean?
                            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                              That looks dam good Jason, the actual drawing is spot on to, could do with playing with that for a hydraulic side step i'm trying to dream up

Lord Lucan, thats a nice looking truck mate, like the bars, dont see to many white ones although one lives quite near me, (and it's clean)
                              the curved sections aren't quiet size, need to check some measurements. When the drawings finished I'll gladly send on copies.

Comment

Working...
                              X