Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes

Some changes have been implemented as follows....
    New members who have registered and not paid will see a banner near the top of the page. This will highlight the fact that subs are available.

New section has been added........
    Most of the sticky threads have been moved to this new section to clear up the general section and not having to scroll down half a page to get to the normal posts.

Annual subs have now gone up as previously stated to £15 per year.
    Surf's for sale to £6.50 & parts for sale £3.00.

Admins have a gold star
    Mods have a red star
    Paid up members have a blue star.
    As requested by some, if you wish to make any additional donation over and above the yearly sub you will be given a silver star.
    Last edited by Koi; 3 May 2008, 13:42.
    Thanks
    Rob Watson (forum owner and admin)

Well done Admin.I for one totally agree with the changes and more than willing to pay£15 a year membership.
    keep up the good work
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Well done Admin award yaself 4 Silver Stars ...
      Buncefield Burner

Comment

I have just joined another forum for another car I am interested in and we are limited to 20 posts until we join.. why cant this be implemented on here. Its the good members who have paid their subs and also some of us paid a little more when the hosting was changed, who are 'carrying' the none payers?

Have I opened a can of worms again here..
        -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

Originally posted by max6674 View Post

Have I opened a can of worms again here..
          yes. never mention it again.

Comment

admin

hi, i sent a cheque over a week ago for yearly sub and a bit over, aint heard
            anything yet hope you got it, cheers

Comment

Good decision, please let us know if the banner has an effect in raising membership up take.

As you can see from the members list we have 375 pages of members.
              I carried out a small audit along these lines.

Must be over 30 posts {most were over the 100} must have posted in the last 4months. {most were last 10 weeks}
              I only looked at the first 75 pages 20% of membership.
              From that 48 non paying members met the above criteria.

If this is representitive of the full membership we have 250 non paying members with over 30 posts active in the last 4 months. Or another way of looking at it a potentail £2500 in donations missing from the coffers at the old £10 rate.

I know some disagree with hinting to others to pay up and as the running of this site is nothing to do with me I will stop doing this.
              However the discusion and the subsequent raising of the Subs would not have been necessary had these people donated.

This is a fantastic site, which has been of great help to me over the last couple of years and I hope it is here for many years to come.

I wish the site Admin and Mods all the best for their endeavours
              Brian

Comment

Seems just about right to me.

Ken
                [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][B][I][SIZE=3]When the going gets tough - Get out !!![/SIZE][/I][/B][/FONT]

Comment

WoW things appear to be alot better.....
                  www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

yoshie, I don't think anyone was against you rounding up the non payers ( I do it myself 0 ya just need to be a bit more subtle bro
                    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

A silver star for paying above the recommended yearly subs. Oh yeah, I love silver! If you have already paid your yearly subs and you add a little more does that upgrade you to silver, or should I have read the original post more carefully?

Originally posted by Admin View Post
                      Some changes have been implemented as follows....

As requested by some, if you wish to make any additional donation over and above the yearly sub you will be given a silver star.
                      Ah, I just went back and read this bit again! Impetuous little so and so ain't I?

Last edited by Scorpion; 4 March 2008, 21:36.
                      'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                        yoshie, I don't think anyone was against you rounding up the non payers ( I do it myself 0 ya just need to be a bit more subtle bro
                        What does subtle mean.
                        Those mud garuds you left me are the muts nuts top job mate just need some tap tights to fit them
                        Brian

Comment

Your subs page hasn't been changed, just gone their to renew mine, and it still only has an option for £10.....
                          Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

done mine earlier and it only took £10. so i'll do the rest on the donations bit.
                            i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

I have no problem with the subs increase,the forum has saved me a great deal more than the subsciption already thanks to the very helpful members.£15 is not much for all the info available on here,apart from the banter.Keep it up folks.
                              I swear to drunk I`m not God.

Comment

Working...
                              X