Help......time running out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help......time running out

I am viewing a surf 2.4 ssrx in two days but have read some horror stories. My love of the vehicle is overtaking me.......help! What shoulkd i be looking for? I think a good idea is to take it on a journey to see if it overheats! The seller has only owned it for about 3 months which raises alarm bells! What should i be looking at paying for it, j-reg?
    Thank for your help

Originally posted by Dazwilliams
    I am viewing a surf 2.4 ssrx in two days but have read some horror stories. My love of the vehicle is overtaking me.......help! What shoulkd i be looking for? I think a good idea is to take it on a journey to see if it overheats! The seller has only owned it for about 3 months which raises alarm bells! What should i be looking at paying for it, j-reg?
    Thank for your help
    sorry can't really help you here as the only thing i know about surf's is how to drive them, we paid £2,800 for our 2.4 j -reg, it need a few things doing to it, but Paddy will sort that out for me. I got told the best thing i could do when looking for one ( cause i haven't got a clue about the mechanical side of it), is to look to see if the tyres and body work is ok, as i belive the tyres are expensive.
    Sorry not to be of much help
    Jo

Comment

Thank for your help
      Have a look here http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/info/faq.htm for some pointers on what to check.
      Maurice
      Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Thank for your help
        Hi, firstly, forget stressing yourself out over this 2 day's business. There are loads of 2.4 Surfs for sale, and you'll still be here after weekend!! For every horror story you've read on here there are loads of satisfied owners too!Take your time, look round. If you feel uneasy about it, walk away. Your instincts are probably right. If the guy's only had it 3 months I would think 2 things. It's either a shed, or he's a dealer. Look at Auto trader online, and E-bay, and the for sale section on here, and that will give you an idea of price. We've all been through the buying stage, and know how you feel. You just WANT ONE big style, but patience will pay off.
        Pete

Comment

more questions

Thanks for reply.
          I have viewed a site showing some recall notices.........how do i know if it has been recalled and rectified?
          I have also read that by flushing out the cooling system VERY well seems to cure this head problem as the japs do a lot of short journeys and idle, leading to a build up of sediment/sludge in the system??? Any ideas on this claim?
          I've checked a lot of prices and they seem to be averaging around the 3,000 - 3,800, does this sound about right?
          Thanks again

Comment

Thanks for reply.
            I have viewed a site showing some recall notices.........how do i know if it has been recalled and rectified?
            I have also read that by flushing out the cooling system VERY well seems to cure this head problem as the japs do a lot of short journeys and idle, leading to a build up of sediment/sludge in the system??? Any ideas on this claim?
            I've checked a lot of prices and they seem to be averaging around the 3,000 - 3,800, does this sound about right?
            Thanks again
            You need the chasis/frame number and compare it to the recall notices but I wouldn't like to say how comprehensive these lists are. Mine wasn't on the recall list but the head went, took a year to go though.
            Yes flushing can help get some of the sludge etc out, prices vary on the spec etc and who's selling it.
            If you can buy one that has had the head replaced (invoices to prove it) then you got good motoring ahead of you, then again the poll on here says only 20% of people with the 2.4 have had problems. Take your time as said before, theresd plenty out there, its a buyers market so if one won't give you what you want walk away theres always another round the corner.
            If you can find a motor a bit inside your budget then put the rest aside in case of...... what ever you choose to do and what ever happens after, troubles or not I am sure like others on here you will love the Surf
            Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
            My choice
            Back off

Comment

seems cheap, what year are we talking, and more important condition & mileage

[font=Times New Roman][size=3]
              [size=5][/size]
              [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Originally posted by gemini
                seems cheap, what year are we talking, and more important condition & mileage
                about 91/92

I'm going to see a 3.0 tomorrow just after the 2.4, so as advised, will be taking my time and buying only what is right for me! Thanks for all your advice

Comment

Working...
                X