Antshiel, Scorpion and!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antshiel, Scorpion and!!!

Anyone else interested, finally got it in and working OK, after all the faffing about it was the area that was the prob, drove to my daughters (about 1/2 mile) and thought i'd try it and it loaded all channels no problem, signal gradually got worse as i drove home tho, getting a great pic even at 50 - 60 mph depending on location, apart from that all went well, i did have to cut the surround so it'd fit through (how'd you get away without doing that Jim?),
    and space the double din brackets forward about 10mm so the front would drop down without fouling the surround,
    main alteration tho was the difference in plugs, the f/v box has normal coax and the head has 3.5 jacks, and useing the adaptor i got from maplins the head would'nt go back in far enough without buggering the jack and adaptor up, (bending it), so i got a 3.5 right angled mono jack plug from maplins and fits fine,
    i've added to the lower dash as ya can see so it all fit's in there nicely, ment moveing the ECT switch, the whole thing is easly unscrewed if i have to get at owt tho,

Last edited by POPEYE; 3 March 2008, 20:14.
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Looking good mate, compared to mine that looks like the in inside of the space shuttle.
    Brian

Comment

i think u need more switches and dials lol

Comment

Umm! that glove box takes up a lot of room dont it?

Comment

Ian, no idea why you had to enlarge the surround mate, my unit just slid into the gap. It's such a good fit that it isn't actually held in with screw etc. If anyone wanted to nick it I'd be happier if they got it out without pulling the dash to bits anyway! It's looking great mate, another work of art.

I'm a bit pi55ed off at the minute as the cheapest quote I've had for 2 new batteries is £130. Never mind though the truck fund hasn't been dented for a while!
          'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
            I'm a bit pi55ed off at the minute as the cheapest quote I've had for 2 new batteries is £130. Never mind though the truck fund hasn't been dented for a while!
            I'm pretty sure toyota main stealer is cheaper than that for batteries, it's one thing they're actually worth trying for.
            =========
            =SOLD UP!=
            =========

Comment

Well done Ian, looks great, all that blood sweat and tears finally payed off then.
              love the diy dash too, looks totally profesh dude.
              http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

Cheer's guy's and thanks for all your help,
                i found toyota main dealer was the cheapest when i got my new batterys jim,
                £120 all in,

Comment

Working...
                X