My V8, for a third time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My V8, for a third time!

I have had the V8 bead blasted today and it has come up a treat.

The polishing now begins, does anyone have any ideas on what to polish with, particularly around the cylinder heads as they still have a little oil on them as the blaster did not want to damage them (see picture)

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Cheers

James
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jameswood345; 18 March 2004, 09:13.

Originally posted by Jameswood345
    I have had the V8 bead blasted today and it has come up a treat.

The polishing now begins, does anyone have any ideas on what to polish with, particularly around the cylinder heads as they still have a little oil on them as the blaster did not want to damage them (see picture)

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Cheers

James

Looks lovvvvverly & clean, shame to put it back in and get it dirty.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
      Looks lovvvvverly & clean, shame to put it back in and get it dirty.

i agree she is far to clean, thats why it will be taking pride of place in my lounge!!!!!

Comment

When polishing my alloy wheels I used progressively finer wet and dry papers finishing with 1200 grade. Make sure to Use plenty of warm Soapy water and eventually just rinse of when very smooth.
        Then go to halfords and get a polishing wheel for about £3.99, and an arbor to hold the polishing wheel in for about £1.99. Attatch the whole thing in to a powerful drill and polish the metal till its really shiny (Takes ages and is difficult in the bits that are harder to reach).
        I used autosyl polish which worked well. Then finally buff off with a dry, clean wheel. Will look awesome.
        I'll try and attatch a pic of the buffer.
        Sam
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by sammy
          When polishing my alloy wheels I used progressively finer wet and dry papers finishing with 1200 grade. Make sure to Use plenty of warm Soapy water and eventually just rinse of when very smooth.
          Then go to halfords and get a polishing wheel for about £3.99, and an arbor to hold the polishing wheel in for about £1.99. Attatch the whole thing in to a powerful drill and polish the metal till its really shiny (Takes ages and is difficult in the bits that are harder to reach).
          I used autosyl polish which worked well. Then finally buff off with a dry, clean wheel. Will look awesome.
          I'll try and attatch a pic of the buffer.
          Sam
          nice one sammy, I have found some good metal polishing and cutting mops on screwfix and was going to give there cutting and polishing paste a go, see here

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...01601&ts=05878

I saw a head gasket that someone used paste on and it came up like a mirror.

James

Comment

polishing

iv'e not much advive for you, but i can't wait to see the final pictures, it looks pretty good to me now, in the nooks and crannies you may find it benificial to make your own polishing bits, i.e. a piece of wooden dowel with felt glued on the business end and used as a drill bit, you may get through quite a few of these before the desired effect is obtained but good luck anyway
            BIG D
            ITS NICE TO BE IMPORTANT, BUT ITS MORE IMPORTANT TO BE NICE,

Comment

Working...
            X