ow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ow!

I just spent the Morning trying to get the mower started..
    No joy, no manual, no spark, no battery, have push it round to the truck to jump start it....
    Gave up on that, tried the little walk behind reserve mower...
    Eventually got that running, Up and down a few times, couldn't be bothered with the grass box.....
    Stone the size of a golf ball shot out, and duffed my thumb right on the end!
    Ow.... Nails gone black and the seems to be a little bit of 'play' that wasn't there before..
    I knew I should have gone and seen Mother today....
    it's in me shed, mate.

You see, that was fate telling you not to mow the lawn, but you had to try too hard, and get the mower started.

Next time it won't start, take it as an omen, and get down the pub instead.
    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

i had the mower throw out a flint that fortunately just missed my #ALLS and hit the inside of my leg....putting me down ! ouch ! since then i always set up the flap thingy as a deflector throwing the grass down on the floor !
      mowers are dangerous ! !
      " loving my surf "

Comment

Been out and had another go at fixing the thing.. I kept stubbing my thumb on everything so sod the thing! If I can ever get it going this mower will be much safer, cos its got a seat on it...
        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt View Post
          Been out and had another go at fixing the thing.. I kept stubbing my thumb on everything so sod the thing! If I can ever get it going this mower will be much safer, cos its got a seat on it...

Is that the one I saw you riding,the one with the soggy seat?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
            Is that the one I saw you riding,the one with the soggy seat?
            That one got drowned on the floods, I have got a slightly newer one now, which with a bit of luck will work with a bit of swapping about of bits off the old one.... Trouble is, this ones got loads of safety cutoffs and one of em has failed 'safe' and I cant find it!!(or my multimeter to trace it..) It's all been a bit of a trial, really...
            Shame haynes down do mower manuals...
            going to have to do battle with international Ebay.. a coil in the UK is 50 quid, from the states is 15....
            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

That one got drowned on the floods, I have got a slightly newer one now, which with a bit of luck will work with a bit of swapping about of bits off the old one.... Trouble is, this ones got loads of safety cutoffs and one of em has failed 'safe' and I cant find it!!(or my multimeter to trace it..) It's all been a bit of a trial, really...
              Shame haynes down do mower manuals...
              going to have to do battle with international Ebay.. a coil in the UK is 50 quid, from the states is 15....
              Wot make and part do you need , got loads of bits at work ready to go in the skip as not needed for our mowers anymore.
              Haynes do do a manual for mowers by the way
              Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2 View Post
                Wot make and part do you need , got loads of bits at work ready to go in the skip as not needed for our mowers anymore.
                Haynes do do a manual for mowers by the way
                I dunno yet, but dont chuck anything out!!! they are a westwood t1800 and a t1600 with a hydrostatic back axle which may be knackered.... I'm trying to get it going, so I can find out what doesn't work.. the chap who sold it to me just wanted a new toy so he told his boss it was shot...

Both got B&S v twin engines,roughly '98 or '99 and most spares are interchangeable... Got to be able to get one of em working, surely...
                it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

I dunno yet, but dont chuck anything out!!! they are a westwood t1800 and a t1600 with a hydrostatic back axle which may be knackered.... I'm trying to get it going, so I can find out what doesn't work.. the chap who sold it to me just wanted a new toy so he told his boss it was shot...

Both got B&S v twin engines,roughly '98 or '99 and most spares are interchangeable... Got to be able to get one of em working, surely...
                  Got some B&S stuff knocking about and some hydrstatic boxes aswell. Let me know asap as the clear out has started . Junked engines , ride on mowers , etc.

Comment

Got some B&S stuff knocking about and some hydrstatic boxes aswell. Let me know asap as the clear out has started . Junked engines , ride on mowers , etc.
                    I could get up there for a scavenge on Sunday, if there's any left...
                    Ideally I'd have anything compatable, then I could get both mowers working, and keep one at the parents, to save lugging it about...(which was the idea behind getting one in the first place now dads too wobbly for mowers) The worst bits I know about so far. engine full of water, steering linkage sloppy, HS axle may be shot er.. thats its so far... apart from this lack of spark....
                    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Sorry Charlie but wont be able to let you in at work.
                      If engine is full of water drain oil and refill with fresh oil . Remove spark plug and spin over engine to expel any water ingress , I assume it is a horizontal B&S engine which will be easier to clear out water . Spray oil into spark plug hole and spin again. Refit sparkplug . Clean out carb , flush fuel tank and fill with fresh petrol . Engine should be OK they are pretty tough engines and take alot to fail , normally head (sounds like a 2.4!!).
                      Ignition system is simple .Usually cut out or saftey switch fails cutting spark. You can bypass to get mower going . I have a couple of wires with connectors on to do this when I service the mowers.
                      Hope this helps.
                      If it is the coil failed ,post a piccy so I can see wot I got in spares bin to match it.

Comment

Cheers that man, worth a try..did all that when the waters subsided, few tins of wd40 4 changes of oils, 2 filters, but every time I turned the cutters on It died.. I think the biggest problem is my patience wearing thin , everytime I make a start, things go wrong all over the place..
                        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Does it make a screech before it dies ? Could be a seized idler pully ? Ignition on these would just stop and not restart as only 1 part to it .

Comment

Does it make a screech before it dies ? Could be a seized idler pully ? Ignition on these would just stop and not restart as only 1 part to it .
                            You might have something there...
                            I have a new electric clutch in the shed() I picked up cheap, I was going to tip it over, swap that, and check the rest out.. thats on the underwater one, Its the new(er) one without a spark...
                            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Working...
                            X