yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Batteries. Fully Charged But Now Worse Than Before!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batteries. Fully Charged But Now Worse Than Before!

My starter motor was still doing the click, click start sequence and the dash clock was going dim when I turn the key so I thought I'd get my arze into gear and remove and charge the batteries.

While they were out I cleaned all the terminal fittings which had oxidisation on them so that they would have a good contact with the batteries. Had them both on trickle charge for over 18 hours and the charger showed them as fully charged.

Put them back on this morning and guess what? Yep, it's worse than it was before! Evidently the batteries are no longer capable of holding a good charge, but why would they be worse after charging up? Checked and double checked all connections were clean and tight but still the same.

Can any of you auto electricians or anyone in the know tell me why this should happen?

'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Cos they're knackered, and charging them has possibly buckled a plate or two.

Check the earth to body is secure, and if it is, shell out for new batteries.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Thought so Andy. As I said, I always double check connections and any earths on the body and they are all clean and sound. I assumed I'd be shelling out for new batteries anyway. Still, can't complain, first thing I've needed to buy for the Surf in nearly two years (all the other stuff I've shelled out for have been 'shiny bits', 'lifty bits' and 'widey bits'!)

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
        My starter motor was still doing the click, click start sequence and the dash clock was going dim when I turn the key so I thought I'd get my arze into gear and remove and charge the batteries.

While they were out I cleaned all the terminal fittings which had oxidisation on them so that they would have a good contact with the batteries. Had them both on trickle charge for over 18 hours and the charger showed them as fully charged.

Put them back on this morning and guess what? Yep, it's worse than it was before! Evidently the batteries are no longer capable of holding a good charge, but why would they be worse after charging up? Checked and double checked all connections were clean and tight but still the same.

Can any of you auto electricians or anyone in the know tell me why this should happen?

mine did the same thing
        2 new batterys and it will stop doing it
        am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
          mine did the same thing
          2 new batterys and it will stop doing it
          Where did you get them from mate and could you give me an idea of the price please? I take it they are handed as if you put the ns one in the os battery bay the terminals are too far back for the leads to reach.

(EDIT) Just read this thread and got all the info I need. Ah, good old search button!

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...battery+prices

Last edited by Scorpion; 2 March 2008, 15:51.

Comment

Working...
          X