Musical tastes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
    Saw BB in Malta a while back, not a patch on Tiësto, but not too terrible. What do you use to do your own stuff? I dabble with Reason now and then. A mate has a studio in his house, he was here looking at Reason on my PC and announced "I have all that stuff in me garage"!
    Core 2 Duo PC (2 x 2.2Ghz) 4GB RAM, 2 x DVD, 1.2Tb SATA II Disk storage, creative Pro sound card, with front panel, Bose PC Speakers and Samplitude Software and about 800GB of samples - 32 to 64 track mixer 1 x 19" TFT to show the samples and one 22" TFT for the mixer....
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by tintin View Post
      12 stack cd in the van.
      1 Replicas - Gary Numan
      2 Warriors - Gary Numan
      3 Best Of - Depeche Mode
      4 Jo Whiley's live lounge 2 disc 1
      5 " " " " " " 2
      6 White Ladder - David Gray
      7 A Journey Thru Ska- Various
      8 Greatest hits - OMD
      9 Pure - Gary Numan
      10 Greatest Hits - Manic Street Preachers
      11 Reggae Love Songs - Various
      12 American Idiot - Greenday

Wonder what a phsyco - analyst would make of that lot!!!!!
      im suprised,u looked older when i met u lol,

Comment

i like all music
        from 1920's peggy lee to classical music
        i love all there is about music (even rap)
        these past few weeks i have been catching up on the last 10 years of rock
        the foo fighters are just the best new rock band out there
        only music i have in the truck at this moment in time would be
        1 the doors
        1 rolling stones
        1 johnny cash
        1 dr hook
        1 moto head
        1 cat stevens
        1 steppon wolf
        1 mamas and the papas
        1 steelers wheel
        1 free
        1 led zeppelin
        4 pink floyd
        2 roger waters

love the stuff
        am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
          i like all music
          from 1920's peggy lee to classical music
          i love all there is about music (even rap)
          these past few weeks i have been catching up on the last 10 years of rock
          the foo fighters are just the best new rock band out there
          only music i have in the truck at this moment in time would be
          1 the doors
          1 rolling stones
          1 johnny cash
          1 dr hook
          1 moto head
          1 cat stevens
          1 steppon wolf
          1 mamas and the papas
          1 steelers wheel
          1 free
          1 led zeppelin
          4 pink floyd
          2 roger waters

love the stuff
          Got some old Pink Floyd Albums and a Dr. Hook Album on vinyl, if you have something to play them on, you can have them. Getting rid of some stuff. Kim

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
            im suprised,u looked older when i met u lol,
            OI......... I resemble that remark!
            www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

most music really but for me its got to be rolling stones , ELO , 10cc , metallica, white snake , black sabbath , n of course me fav ozzy osborne loves his new album 'black rain' n one thing i like about this forum is in ozzy's words 'your all f@@@@@ mad' or i replace sharon for sally when forum down ' sally, sally i cant get this @@@@ing forum to work, sallyyyyyyyyyy'

http://www.ozzy.com/

Comment

Originally posted by kimd View Post
                Got some old Pink Floyd Albums and a Dr. Hook Album on vinyl, if you have something to play them on, you can have them. Getting rid of some stuff. Kim

thanks very much kim
                but i think you will find that the pink floyd on vinyl depends on what records they are
                i sold i pink floyd for 350 quid the most i got was 1200 quid (yep just for pink floyd)

so please let me know what records you have got i look them up for ya could be some rare ones worth money

Comment

Yeah, definitely!

I sold some Neil Young original pressings for silly money, just cos they had different serial numbers to later pressings! Bonkers if you ask me!
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

i have a record called THE MERSEY BEATS
                    its the beatles before they were beatles

can not get a price on it
                    only few copys known ever made

Comment

T'isn't mate. You're thinking of 'The Quarrymen'. That was the Beatles in their earlier incarnation. My dad used to drink with George Harrison now and again when his band was playing the Cavern too. Long before they were famous of course!

This is the Merseybeats... http://www.merseybeats.co.uk/
                      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

As a few of you know I like a Belgian group called Vaya Con Dios with their great lead singer Dani Klein.

Well I just found a song right up Vince's street, here's Dani dueting with Vince's alter ego Tony Hadley

And here's a couple of others for you - with Aaron Neville, for the R & B fans here she is with Willy Willy,

And finally solo with take heed

[running for cover]
                        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                          T'isn't mate. You're thinking of 'The Quarrymen'. That was the Beatles in their earlier incarnation. My dad used to drink with George Harrison now and again when his band was playing the Cavern too. Long before they were famous of course!

This is the Merseybeats... http://www.merseybeats.co.uk/
                          WOW some 1 spoted it

now ya know why i cant get it priced
                          they but the beatles on album and cover in the hope to bust sale
                          no ones ever owned up to doing this album
                          i have serched for it and from what i have found there is only 2 known that are still around

so ya know your music hay

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
                            thanks very much kim
                            but i think you will find that the pink floyd on vinyl depends on what records they are
                            i sold i pink floyd for 350 quid the most i got was 1200 quid (yep just for pink floyd)

so please let me know what records you have got i look them up for ya could be some rare ones worth money
                            Thanks, that's honest of you, I was going to give them to you as well. Knowing my luck, they are worthless, but will go and look anyway. Also have Beatles Abbey Road, but think this is only worth about 12 quid. Have loadsa crap albums, some I want to keep though, like my AC/DC and early Roxy Music, even though I can't play them, feel like I can't part with them yet. Anyone know any Duran Duran fans, I have a s**it load of their albums, and I can't stand them, happy to put them in the skip.....but seems a shame if some one else would like them.

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                              My current play list is peppered with Tiësto, Axwell, Dutchforce and Alex Guadino. My ears aren't bleeding though, so it's obviously not loud enough...
                              good stuff.. axwell - tell me why is a tune!

i live with a DJ and he has been away for a week. so i started using his decks last weekend.. didnt have the time to play during the week, but jumped on last night before he came back and ive got the hang of it now. he's got all sorts but garage is what good for me right now so ive been learning on that. i would like to eventually dj, and be an all rounder, but there are tons of old skool hardcore and jungle that ive not heard or know the names of so i would like to get some of that!

mauro picotto, tiesto, ferry corsten and all them - remind me of high school days in the 90's when all that was popular everywhere else but where i lived
                              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

any thing from clanad to ac/dc......atm got foo fighters , puddle of mud , alter bridge , imperial vipers ,muse , queen, QSOTA and ac/dc in the truck
                                www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Working...
                                X