No announcement yet.

Musical tastes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh dear, I'm afraid I'm going to buck the trend again and say although I really enjoy all types of music, apart from some classical, opera and really heavy rock, I much prefer soul music.

Anything from Bobby Bland, Isaac Hayes, Luther Vandross, Otis Reading, Sam Cooke, George Benson, Kieth Sweat, Chingy, R. Kelly, Nelly, Ne Yo, Usher, Beverly Knight, Blackstreet, Bobby Valentino. Old stuff from the classic Tamala Motown era and T.S.O.P. etc.

'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Spinners anyone?

Or Brotherhood of man?

Comment

i prefer the 60's 70's and early 80's stuff myself but the rock n roll stuff is what i prefer
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by kimd View Post
          Thanks, that's honest of you, I was going to give them to you as well. Knowing my luck, they are worthless, but will go and look anyway. Also have Beatles Abbey Road, but think this is only worth about 12 quid. Have loadsa crap albums, some I want to keep though, like my AC/DC and early Roxy Music, even though I can't play them, feel like I can't part with them yet. Anyone know any Duran Duran fans, I have a s**it load of their albums, and I can't stand them, happy to put them in the skip.....but seems a shame if some one else would like them.

Duran Duran got a few of them

you realy must look properly at what records you have got the numbers they were printed
          witch is round the edge of stickers in the middle
          the lower the number the more they are worth
          any old 60's rock on deca is worth more that most 60-70 quid a peace
          most pink floyd you would not pick up for less than 40 quid up to 2000 quid
          45's are worth selling to wirlitza (jukebox) restorers
          lp's are worth selling on ebay
          bump up your paypal to buy goodys for your surf
          dont dump or give money away spend it on your surf
          am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
            Duran Duran got a few of them

you realy must look properly at what records you have got the numbers they were printed
            witch is round the edge of stickers in the middle
            the lower the number the more they are worth
            any old 60's rock on deca is worth more that most 60-70 quid a peace
            most pink floyd you would not pick up for less than 40 quid up to 2000 quid
            45's are worth selling to wirlitza (jukebox) restorers
            lp's are worth selling on ebay
            bump up your paypal to buy goodys for your surf
            dont dump or give money away spend it on your surf
            Thanks for the good advice. I have not had time to look at the albums, have been working all weekend, but will find some time to do it. I have spent a lifetime being far too generous...........you are right, I need the money for the truck. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by kimd View Post
              Thanks for the good advice. I have not had time to look at the albums, have been working all weekend, but will find some time to do it. I have spent a lifetime being far too generous...........you are right, I need the money for the truck. Thanks.
              i hope you earn loads of cash from your LP'S
              have fun with it enjoy it

Comment

Peters and Lee?

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                  Oh dear, I'm afraid I'm going to buck the trend again and say although I really enjoy all types of music, apart from some classical, opera and really heavy rock, I much prefer soul music.

Anything from Bobby Bland, Isaac Hayes, Luther Vandross, Otis Reading, Sam Cooke, George Benson, Kieth Sweat, Chingy, R. Kelly, Nelly, Ne Yo, Usher, Beverly Knight, Blackstreet, Bobby Valentino. Old stuff from the classic Tamala Motown era and T.S.O.P. etc.

whats wrong with classical? i want to go to the proms some day soon. i really enjoy that on the TV..
                  classical is best listened to in the car, at christmas imho
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                    whats wrong with classical? i want to go to the proms some day soon. i really enjoy that on the TV..
                    classical is best listened to in the car, at christmas imho
                    Ahem! I did say some classical, not all. But I don't like opera, full stop! It always sounds like someones killing a cat!
                    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Ride of the valkiries.........strapped in the back of a pickup with a painball gun .............
                      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                        Ahem! I did say some classical, not all. But I don't like opera, full stop! It always sounds like someones killing a cat!
                        lekme

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
                          lekme
                          Whit?
                          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Masters At Work --- > rock!
                            Eric Morillo
                            Derrick Carter
                            Mark Farina
                            Joey Negro

Anything thats got a funky or latin american house twist to it.

Old skool hip hop (Public Enemy, RUN DMC, BDP etc)

Yep another DJ here but dont get time to do it now with being on the doors instead, or getting drunk
                            -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

Mostly listen to loud and shouty music, i.e Stone Sour, Trivium, anything to get the head banging. But then also like freaky emo music. And for a laugh, bands like Less Than Jake, Flogging Molly, or really funny stuff is Doghorse http://www.stablesound.co.uk/music.php their track "petting zoo" still cracks me up http://www.stablesound.co.uk/pettingzoo.php
                              Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

My list goes from Janes Addiction to Feist.

and pretty much everything in between.
                                Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Working...
                                X