Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alloy wheel refurb

Hi All
    does anyone have any reccomendations for wheel re furb'ers, I want to posh up my standard alloys, laquer has failed in parts, stained and a few light kerbings
    Ta everso
    Did I mention I have a BLUE one
    Tony

i can tell from experience....u get wot u pay for,50 quid a wheel=good job,30 quid a wheel=ok but not so in a year,or diy it!

Comment

just diy, its very easy

Comment

Dunno about DIY, i did mine myself and i think they look ok, if your prepaired to put the work in on em you can get as good a job on em as these expensive refurber's, get a polishing kit on ebay, they do em for drill or grinder. Vince made a nice job of his standard alloys, just concentrate on the polished "spokes" and do the other bits satin black, realy makes em stand out,
        i'm sure he'll post a pic for ya,
        bl00dy professionals wanted £50 a wheel just to seal the split rims on mine, i did it for nowt with some expansion gap sealer (industrial stuff) Sika will do fine to, they try'd to tell me it was their own special sealant made to their exacting standards, but would'nt sell me any or tell me what it was called,bollox, prob B&Q bath sealant,

Have a go, nowt to loose
        Attached Files
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
          Dunno about DIY, i did mine myself and i think they look ok, if your prepaired to put the work in on em you can get as good a job on em as these expensive refurber's, get a polishing kit on ebay, they do em for drill or grinder. Vince made a nice job of his standard alloys, just concentrate on the polished "spokes" and do the other bits satin black, realy makes em stand out,
          i'm sure he'll post a pic for ya,
          bl00dy professionals wanted £50 a wheel just to seal the split rims on mine, i did it for nowt with some expansion gap sealer (industrial stuff) Sika will do fine to, they try'd to tell me it was their own special sealant made to their exacting standards, but would'nt sell me any or tell me what it was called,bollox, prob B&Q bath sealant,

Have a go, nowt to loose
          wheels and truck look spot on
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Comment

Re

I did mine during the summer.

Stripped them and polished the alloy!

Heres some pics!

It IS time consuming but WELL worth it!

Cost me about £75.00 for the polishing attachments etc.

I'm going to give them another good going over in the summer as the winter has played hell with the alloy.

I use a special aluminium protector called "Belgom Alu" and they remain shiny for months but they get a bit dirty!

Gary
              Attached Files
              Last edited by hellmett; 2 March 2008, 02:32.

Comment

why not buy new ones

My rims cost me $55 dollars Australian new each or about 20 quid.

They dont need polishing every time you get them wet.

You can afford to get a new pair every two years

They dont look as bling bling pimped as popeye's awesome wheels but they do the job and look good

ive got the white ones but they do a black version
                Last edited by hilux2.8; 3 May 2009, 12:08.
                Harden the Fuk Up Princess

Comment

What is this "Belgom Alu" stuff and where do you get it? is it any good??

I ask because all the metal pipework in the supra engine are mirror polished... or they were... Needs constant attention.. Looks rubbish right now!

I use a guy in Preston to do my wheels..

Its durable maintenance free powder coat and the finish is ###### good!

Its call the "The wheel repair Company"

http://www.wheelrepair.co.uk/

He is happy to do group discounts and group buys too!

He also did a very cool metal flake powdercoat finish on my mrs' supra, looked fantastic! - although the pics don't do it justice..
                  More Lift.
                  More Tyres.
                  More Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra View Post

I use a guy in Preston to do my wheels..
                    Wouldn't it be easier with a cloth?

'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by hilux2.8 View Post
                      My rims cost me $55 dollars Australian new each or about 20 quid.

They dont need polishing every time you get them wet.

You can afford to get a new pair every two years

They dont look as bling bling pimped as popeye's awesome wheels but they do the job and look good

ive got the white ones but they do a black version
                      i love those, and thats the sort of style that suits out trucks. nicely dished..

want to ship some over? hehe
                      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Have a look for kings wheels australia. They should have a Uk distrubutor
                        Cheers Matt
                        Harden the Fuk Up Princess

Comment

Working...
                        X