Prince bleedin Harry!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prince bleedin Harry!

Is it just me or is anyone else sick of the constant blabber about him being 'on the front line' etc etc?

OK, the lad's in the Army. He is seeing some service, as he should. Now its been leaked, and we all know about it, so now he is potentially a danger to those around him. Yeah yeah yeah, fine, bring him back then. Story over.

What I'm sick of is :-

a) There's thousands of our lads in danger too, and have been for ###### ages.
    b) Their families are also concerned they might not come home too.

It seems to me that the media somehow value Harry and his tax-payer-sponging ilk's lives higher than the ordinary squaddie, which p1sses me off greatly. How ###### DARE they?!

ALSO, I'm sick of our sycophantic, ar5e kissing news presenters reporting this 'story' with one eye on a gong for themselves for getting as far up the royal family's backsides as possible.

He's in the Army, its his JOB. When he's there, his life is no more valuable than anyone elses!

Rant over.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

but he's no less than any one else who is out there either.
    They should all get the recognition he is getting.
    Even Ross flipping Kemp gets my respect for going out there, because it raises the awareness of whats going on.
    I noticed also, hrh wearing wearing green DPM instead of the desert mix... no special treatment then!
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Totaly agree the only time you hear or read about any other soldieris when they are killed caused by governments incompantance in not making sure they have the correct equipment to be able to survive and fight back..

Comment

End of the day, it's not his fault the news services are arse kissing devils. He's obviously going to get preferential treatment to a degree, though. He's a heir to the throne.

Comment

ithink he should stay there, he no more danger tohis mates than anyone else... unless the ragheads can pickhim out from the rest, maybe the gurka body guard give him away.. as said its his job... the royal family have no bearing in this country anymore they are a tourist attraction......... i spent 12 years serving queen a country and it was the nuts loved every bit of it i am sure he is too.. that my rant done
          SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

The real issue is that low grade magazine and website that published the information.
            Have you seen the grief the magazine has received, quite entertaining!
            Now wouldn't it be fun to take down the web-site as well?

Read through some of the comments on the American news media sites and they nearly all missed the point that it was a voluntary agreement on a quid pro quo basis. I.e. the press keep quite about until after he comes home and then get to show all the footage they shot whilst he was in theatre. Now he's coming home they all want to get to the front of the typical media frenzy!

Comment

Harry is my favorite royal, respect to the guy for have the balls to serve in Afghanistan IMO.
              I Love Wales

Comment

I dont have a favorite Royal. They're all sponging, out-of-place relics.

Harry's in the Army, its his job. Balls has nothing to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                  I dont have a favorite Royal. They're all sponging, out-of-place relics.
                  They were never anything else, truth be told, even when they had power. However, they are still a symbol of the nation. We have too little national pride these days. Would you ditch Britannia as a national symbol too, or St George?

Comment

I dont think the lack of pride in being British has anything to do with whether or not we have a royal family.

The lack of pride has steadily been eroded as our industries have been eroded.

The steel industry, the aviation industry, all of the things that made Britain a country of innovation have steadily been hived off to the highest bidder, or mismanaged to death by successive govt interference and power crazy, greedy unions.

As a country, we are 'also rans' with nothing but the easiest benefits system in europe to boast about. It makes me angry.

I'd keep St George's day as The Nags Head have a great beer festival (and maybe we should have 'Jerusalem' as our national anthem as it's rousing and makes my spine tingle. 'God Save The Queen' is dreadful!)

Comment

I dont think the lack of pride in being British has anything to do with whether or not we have a royal family.
                      Maybe not, but they are still a figurehead/emblem of our nation. Beaurocrats have eroded most values, and make having pride in what's left a hard thing to do, so to erode what little is left would be shameful, whether it's deserving of the status or not.

If one wanted to get rid of the true sponging despots who bring ruin and ill-repute to the country, bring back Guy Fawkes. Let him finish the job he started.

Comment

Originally posted by 24Seven View Post
                        Harry is my favorite royal, respect to the guy for have the balls to serve in Afghanistan IMO.

This is mine>

Live the dream.......

Comment

harry said on the news last night that the queen was 'cool'

with him being there.me and the wife wondered if she then said 'bitchin' and maybe 'fo schnizle me nizzle'

just a thought
                          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

The lack of pride has steadily been eroded as our industries have been eroded.
                            Agreed

The steel industry, the aviation industry, all of the things that made Britain a country of innovation have steadily been hived off to the highest bidder, or mismanaged to death by successive govt interference and power crazy, greedy unions.
                            add to that the car industry, OK so most of british leyland cars were cr@p but at least they were british, we made some decent trucks & busses too.

& yes even as a union ref, the stuff that went on, for example with british leyland in the 70's was diabolical, I can remember an old friend of mine went to the Hillman works in Coventry, saw somebody fitting pistons the wrong way round but was stopped mentioning it because the union would have had all the works out on strike, complete lunacy!

(and maybe we should have 'Jerusalem' as our national anthem as it's rousing and makes my spine tingle. 'God Save The Queen' is dreadful!)
                            Do you mind if I sing "flower of Scotland" instead?
                            Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

How about "Land of Hope and Glory"?
                              Non-denominational as well, although I must admit to a sneaking fondness for Jerusalem, 'cos it's such a great tune.
                              Either would be an improvement on the current sycophantic dirge
                              Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

Working...
                              X