got ask this.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got ask this.....

Hi, I have spoken to Toyota and they tell me there are four different turbo's for the 2.4 Surf, all marked CT 20, could you email the numbers off the plate on the turbo.

i thought all CT-20 turbos fit, am i wrong?

thought they was all the same ,but hey what do i know
    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

me too!

Comment

I know the mr2 turbos started with the ct26 then on rev 3 went to the ct20b, not much help but thought i would mention it
        I got a ct20b wrx version done by turbo technics which is more powerful than standard in the rev 1

Also this site may be of use to you

http://www.essexturbos.com/catalogue...FQwegQodL38ZWw

Comment

1st gen 2.4 turbo maybe angles differently to the 2nd gens, coz when i changed one i had to modify the oil feed pipe to get everything to line up right. the exhaust gasket fiting was slightly different too. slight differences but not a problem getting everything to fit. then again maybe the ct20 i got for the 1st gen was different to the 2nd gens too. couldn't toyota tell you what you needed if you gave them a chassis number or engine number or something?
          i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Originally posted by logey79 View Post
            1st gen 2.4 turbo maybe angles differently to the 2nd gens, coz when i changed one i had to modify the oil feed pipe to get everything to line up right. the exhaust gasket fiting was slightly different too. slight differences but not a problem getting everything to fit. then again maybe the ct20 i got for the 1st gen was different to the 2nd gens too. couldn't toyota tell you what you needed if you gave them a chassis number or engine number or something?
            it's not for me tryin to sell one but this guy says he's been to a dealer and there r 4 different ones. i've never heard of it before

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
              it's not for me tryin to sell one but this guy says he's been to a dealer and there r 4 different ones. i've never heard of it before
              maybe wires crossed. what toyota may have meant is the ct20 fits 4 different applications. hi-ace, surf gen 1 surf gen 2 pre-facelift and surf gen2 post? possibility anyway.
              i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Working...
              X