another tyre question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
    months of research into tyres has led me to one conclusion...
    ...you need to get out more?
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
      I believe YOU think its OK.
      Exactly, thats all i can say about it. Its personal preferance. Nothing more, nothing less. If person 'x' is a bit of a boy racer - then 35"s would probably be flucking horrible!!!! You'll take a large dent for sure. Its simple common knowledge that someone can work that out. But taking it easy on the roads with 35"s is a piece of pi$$.

Frankly if someone was ragging the cr*p outta my truck then i'd think they were a total f**king wa*ker. My winch bumper sits at window height on every other car. a simple fender bender becomes a horrific accident because they got a lump of steel though the window.

On a big truck with Big tyres you have to take extreme caution when driving. (im not talking specifically to you Apache, I know you dont need me bl**dy lecturing you on that!!) They are dangerous.

Brilliant but dangerous.

What my truck can do on 35"s is more then enough...... for me! personally.

It does look great - if a little narrow - should've kept the spacers - DOH!
      It is a bit narrow. but theres no way these rims would work with spacers. that would give a -64 offset - thats huge!! even on 33's they would rub like hell!!

Stormforces truck is one that has impressed me tbh. the -50 offset an 33's sits real nice!

With my sensible head on, I couldn't live with 35s given the amount of miles I do.
      With you again on that. I havent been on a motorway yet but i imagine its going to suck!!

I dont do big trips so thats cool, for me!

I have a huge respect for Linda/Tony putting AT's on the bullet. That is one of the sweetest trucks on here bar none. Everything is done correctly by the book!! An to go for for BFG AT over the MT deserves everyone here taking the hats off to them!

a lot of people will run muds on a truck cuz its badass!!! It's awesome that the bullet's on AT's because it shows that its not about having 1" deep tread, Its about practicality! Its about doing the job that they need for it!

personally i think thats awesome.... even if everyone does think im a t!t for thinking it

Right.... post over

Comment

...you need to get out more?

g1t

Comment

Psssst...

I'm currently saving for 33" BFG ATs.

The Mudzillas are a feckin mean looking tyre, but the times I need them are few and far between, and I bet the ATs will get me 95% of the places I want to go, (and the other 5% with a bit of careful line planning and some luck!) - plus I dont want the trip down to the pyrenees to numb my ar5e and kill my wallet.

I reckon Tony is clued up enough, so BFG ATs will be good enough for me most of the time!

Now who is gonna bid me £400 for a set of 5 four month old Mudzilla 33x13.5s?

Comment

On rims???????
            Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by The Lang-Shankit Scunner View Post
              On rims???????

Damn your quick off the mark aint ya mate!

Comment

Well more out of interest really, lets see if he'll accept £20 and a trip around glenshee
                Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by The Lang-Shankit Scunner View Post
                  On rims???????
                  The words 'off' and 'feck' spring to mind. Nearly £800 4 months ago for the lot!

Comment

Working...
                  X