Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a hose

Hello All...

Do any of you have a spare hose that goes from the air filter to the plastic pipe on the top of the engine ,part no;1788-54340...?
    Mine has split although I have effected a temp. repair..
    I live near Warrington so can travel to most places in the northwest easily.

The surf is a 1993 2.4T with the EFi diesel engine(silver top).

Thanks in advance,
    Dave

PS...the cheaper the better!

Hello Oli, I had to replace mine recently. Milners do them for £40 if no one can help you out.
    My one had a 2- 3 inch split - if this is any good you're welcome to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Oli
      Hello All...

Do any of you have a spare hose that goes from the air filter to the plastic pipe on the top of the engine ,part no;1788-54340...?
      Mine has split although I have effected a temp. repair..
      I live near Warrington so can travel to most places in the northwest easily.

The surf is a 1993 2.4T with the EFi diesel engine(silver top).

Thanks in advance,
      Dave

PS...the cheaper the better!
      Chickens teeth!! Someone posted recently about a repair involving stretching a piece of motorcycle inner tube over the hose. Clever and cheap. The replacement hose is over £40 from Toyota.
      Pete

Comment

hose repair

Try 'Pirtek' they are nationwide and will cut it to any size and thickness
        and are cheaper than toyota

Comment

A hose, a hose, my kingdom for a hose! As Shakespeare almost said.
          Sorry couldn't resist that awful pun.
          John
          http://members.dodo.com.au/burston/drinkofbeer.gifA pint of lunatic soup please!

Comment

Originally posted by brennan
            Hello Oli, I had to replace mine recently. Milners do them for £40 if no one can help you out.
            My one had a 2- 3 inch split - if this is any good you're welcome to it.
            Thanks but I managed to do it quite well with some steel coil reinforced hose from work...did the job a treat.
            The part from Toyata was 54 quid plus VAT...I just laughed at the guy on the phone!!!

Dave.

Comment

Working...
            X