Military Vehicles/Hardware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M35A2 View Post
    There isn't a lot about mate, and you will be lucky if you find something "local".

Most military hardware is bought for restoration. Tanks especially are bought for this, so the prices are pretty high. Your best bet is Withams. Buy a FV432 without an engine or unworkable condition. They are relatively cheap, but you will still be looking at about £3-4,000.

You might get hold of an L121 howitzer, but again your looking at about £4-5,000.

Withams have a tender coming up in March. see if you can make a bid on something...
    Thanks for that M8 have looked at a bofors gun over at Ensign (off Milweb) they want about 2250 but in poor state of repair and bits missing a possibility I guess .We have some ex Navy lads on site and some gunnery people and they might enlighten me on what we can achieve Like the beast on your avatar by the way !
    Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Originally posted by John h View Post
      Thanks for that M8 have looked at a bofors gun over at Ensign (off Milweb) they want about 2250 but in poor state of repair and bits missing a possibility I guess .We have some ex Navy lads on site and some gunnery people and they might enlighten me on what we can achieve Like the beast on your avatar by the way !
      That truck is an M35A2 with an LDT-465-1C engine. Very desirable for me and I want to get one when I emigrate. There is one for sale here (vehicle park, heavy), a M35A2C which has side tail gates, very rare in the UK. If I wasn't emigrating later this or early next year i would have bought it myself.

http://milweb.net/index2.html
      Last edited by M35A2; 28 February 2008, 21:44.

Comment

found this while i was serching for a bigger 4x4
        http://www.tanked-up.freeserve.co.uk/vehicles.htm
        i need a biger truck my self
        am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

http://www.witham-sv.com/infopage.php?ID=52&Overide=0
          nice gun tho

i will keep posting this links untill i find what iam looking for
          am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
            http://www.witham-sv.com/infopage.php?ID=52&Overide=0
            nice gun tho

i will keep posting this links untill i find what iam looking for
            What an excellent piece of kit that would look great in our front garden !

Comment

On local farms, I know the whereabouts of a two seat Hunter - ex of Bedford (raspberry ripple colour scheme too), a Russian Tank of some description, and a two seat Lighting!

Dont ask me why farmers have this sort of stuff, or how they get it though!
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I know just what you mean, Aeroventure started some years ago at nostell priory then moved to Firbeck nr Rotherham on a farm nr the old RAF site the farmyard very soon became more like a breakers yard for jets and helicopters it must be an agricultural thing ! I thik the most successful being the Panton brothers from east Lincs , they have a Lancaster with all engines in running order etc Hangars and control tower!

Anyway how are things now you arent playing with the most potent helicopter known to the western world ? or even the universe ?

Comment

I remember passing a farm near Donna Nook (Lincs again!) where the guy had at least half a dozen old jets. There was an F4 and a Lightning amongst those. Didn't notice a Lanc though!

Regarding the AH, kind of miss being around the old girl a bit, but certainly dont miss the stress of the job at all! I made the right move
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

You must have gone past the old 'NATO Jets museum' nr Donna Nook I never found that place they even have a Starfighter f104 marked in Luftwaffe decals . The panton Brothers have the Museum at East Kirkby nr Bolingbrook took my uncle there for a bomber command reunion a few years ago.

Glad to hear the new job was the right move ! was talking to some AAC lads from Dishforth yesterday they had some Gazelle scrap bits for yet another 'project' We are at Leeming at the end of the month for 25sqdn(f) disbandment bash aparntly an Apache might make a visit fly by

Comment

Working...
                    X