Military Vehicles/Hardware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military Vehicles/Hardware

Have been tasked with sourcing and purchasing either a Tank or Artillery piece ie Bofors gun (sadly de-activated) for an exhibit piece at the gateway to our Aeroventure museum. Have looked on milweb etc, but just wondered if any of our A team had any contacts or knew the whereabouts of any likely candidates. Basicly it is so the little cherubs can throw things at it when the museum is closed as they seem to want to try and break the windows of the Sea Prince (plane) at the moment ,unfortunatel cctv is no deterrent anyway guys andd gals your suggestions are most welcome as always

and no I don't want to convert them into a 3rd gen salon !
    Death rides a Black Horse

One of my favourite 'dream on mate' sites

www.witham-sv.com

some lovely hardware for sale

was just thinking that they would know a man that can, if you know what I mean!
    Last edited by The Lovely Boyo; 27 February 2008, 14:34.
    Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

there is a big sales place in doncaster for just what your after

i look for the web site if ya want it
      am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Cheers Gents !

As far as donny is concerned Jacksons Rocket site at Misson are just awash wit dare I say it on here ? land rovers Sorry
        but no arty or tracked stuff

Anyway Jud if you can find me owt that would be great ! saves hiring a low loader for long distance ! I wondered if Booths had anything left at Rotherham but I don't think they do much military for scrap theses days

Comment

Originally posted by John h View Post
          Cheers Gents !

As far as donny is concerned Jacksons Rocket site at Misson are just awash wit dare I say it on here ? land rovers Sorry
          but no arty or tracked stuff

Anyway Jud if you can find me owt that would be great ! saves hiring a low loader for long distance ! I wondered if Booths had anything left at Rotherham but I don't think they do much military for scrap theses days

ken booth wont talk to me but i can ask some of the lads who work there

only found 1 for now its in aus tho http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/lsm/dhmg/twins.html

but i will keep looking for ya
          iam sure i have got a old shell from one those guns some were abouts
          how far afield do you want to go
          http://www.milweb.net/dealers/categories/artillery.html
          full world wide list there some uk ones too
          Last edited by JUDWAK; 27 February 2008, 17:06.

Comment

Mm AustraliaBut twin Bofor batterymaybe not this time , wow what an excuse to go and survey it though ! honest darling I won't be long just nipping out for a while (3 weeks) and come back with an ornament for the garden Oh dear must go and lay down in a darkened room ! I will leave the search for the grail in your capable hands

thanks for looking !

so what you done to upset the Rotherha scrap mafia ?????

Comment

Mm AustraliaBut twin Bofor batterymaybe not this time , wow what an excuse to go and survey it though ! honest darling I won't be long just nipping out for a while (3 weeks) and come back with an ornament for the garden Oh dear must go and lay down in a darkened room ! I will leave the search for the grail in your capable hands

thanks for looking !

so what you done to upset the Rotherha scrap mafia ?????

my dad and boothy's has a skip war
              it got heated up abit when the builder ken had in his house refused to do the work unless he had my dads skips
              well he wanted the best builder so he had to have the best skip hire in town

these are the ones in donny i think
              http://www.armor-solutions.com/MOD_NATO/about.htm
              Last edited by JUDWAK; 27 February 2008, 17:18.

Comment

Good old Bothy just got to throw the muscle about ! Do they still have a hold on Rotherham utd ?

I still can't believe Booth's yard at Doncaster is now a retail park ! it must have the most toxic car park in south yorkshire !?

Comment

Good old Bothy just got to throw the muscle about ! Do they still have a hold on Rotherham utd ?

I still can't believe Booth's yard at Doncaster is now a retail park ! it must have the most toxic car park in south yorkshire !?
                  lol i bet he still owns the land there

he has got rotherham foot ball ground by the 3alls
                  15000 a mounth rent for the ground that his dad let the foot ball ground be biult onit
                  lets face it ken booth can aford to let it go but i cant blame him for not doing can you

Comment

Right that's enough banter about the Rotherham mafia , I need you to find me a reasonably priced Artillery piece or a Tank with a big gun on it cheap as chips as usual !

does your dad still do skips btw

Comment

Right that's enough banter about the Rotherham mafia , I need you to find me a reasonably priced Artillery piece or a Tank with a big gun on it cheap as chips as usual !

does your dad still do skips btw
                      nop we sold it due to my back problem to maw fuels
                      maws skip hire dont use em too dear
                      milltoll are about the cheapist
                      i keep looking for a tank or gun tho
                      i collect ww2 stuff myself

Comment

found the name but not the web site it was thses i was looking at for a lorry for my dad
                        DN10 6ET L. Jackson & Co.
                        cant find a web site with them on just yet but it was them were i seen one of those anti aircraft guns and loads of tanks its like a big boys heaven

Comment

http://www.milweb.net/index2.html

http://www.tanksforsale.co.uk/

Comment

I thank you !

However I have already been on these sites and although my desk is now covered in drool I just wondered if anyone had seen anything localy or knew somebody etc .

Just a thought , you never know without asking and all that

Tried Jacksons it is at Misson an old RAF Bloodhound base but all L.........s now the old man has handed the business over to his son wot a rip off merchant !

anyway will keep trying , thanks for your efforts guys

Comment

There isn't a lot about mate, and you will be lucky if you find something "local".

Most military hardware is bought for restoration. Tanks especially are bought for this, so the prices are pretty high. Your best bet is Withams. Buy a FV432 without an engine or unworkable condition. They are relatively cheap, but you will still be looking at about £3-4,000.

You might get hold of an L121 howitzer, but again your looking at about £4-5,000.

Withams have a tender coming up in March. see if you can make a bid on something...

Comment

Working...
                              X