i couldnt believe it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i couldnt believe it!

My Mrs got pulled up on the motorway this evening and was given a £60 citation for failure to display her tax disc. I mean we have a current disc (in my office) and when the copper ran the registration he congirmed it was taxed. I would have thought he would of let her off with a warning, but no, £60 please.
    I hadent even realised you still needed to display, as all they do is run your reg through the computer and it tells them whether you have paid it or not. Well there you go, I better put the disc in my van as well.
    私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
    My Mrs got pulled up on the motorway this evening and was given a £60 citation for failure to display her tax disc. I mean we have a current disc (in my office) and when the copper ran the registration he congirmed it was taxed. I would have thought he would of let her off with a warning, but no, £60 please.
    I hadent even realised you still needed to display, as all they do is run your reg through the computer and it tells them whether you have paid it or not. Well there you go, I better put the disc in my van as well.

Theve got to keep the revenue comming in
    Hard luck mate
    www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

lol round our way,no tax and it gets towed!

Comment

the law clearly states that the road fund licence should be displayed in the lower left hand side of the windscreen at all times,owning one is not the same as displaying it, even so i think that result was a bit harsh a slap on the wrist would have been enough, copper obviously needed some browny points to justify his existance,

Comment

I think its out of order... when he ran your plates he knew you had paid... the word dick head applies..
          you have paid the tax, failure to display is a minor issue.

I suppose its easier to do your wife than catch a burglar or mugger

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Originally posted by Vultch View Post
            I think its out of order... when he ran your plates he knew you had paid... the word dick head applies..
            you have paid the tax, failure to display is a minor issue.

I suppose its easier to do your wife than catch a burglar or mugger
            would you like to re-phrase that
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Apologies don't know what i was thinking about...

Back in the day Baby

Comment

according to him its a new law that came out in 2008. that the disc had to be displayed. dont know????
                私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by soramad View Post
                  the law clearly states that the road fund licence should be displayed in the lower left hand side of the windscreen at all times,owning one is not the same as displaying it, even so i think that result was a bit harsh a slap on the wrist would have been enough, copper obviously needed some browny points to justify his existance,
                  Correct and anybody that doesn't comply deserves the punishment
                  Trust your Hound.

Comment

I got a £80.00 fine for non tax on a car i havent owned for two years even though dvla have got the records, but as the car was exported i was the legal owner two months after the offence as the new owner did not change the reg docs in his home country (work that one out im still trying)
                    SILENCE........................I ... kill you

Comment

Originally posted by Taliesins View Post
                      So tell me the rules for receiving a parking ticket from a tw@t with a hat that never handed the ticket to me or affixed it to my vehicle and when i appealed and stated the above facts, the reply i got was, "we are satisfied that the correct procedure was followed and that the ticket was handed to you"!!!!!!!!!
                      http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Taliesins View Post
                        Correct, it would be a travesty if we all drove around blatantly disregarding this very important law. It could lead to people disposing of their chewing gum on pavements, crossing streets without the use of defined pedestrian crossings, riots, civil unrest, anarchy.
                        GET A GRIP, its failure to display my already PAID FOR TAX. Its another revenue generator.
                        私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

She must have got one of the jumped up trainees just passed his 2+2 and up for some early promo. The law has been the same for years as soramed said and not introduced in 2008. Mine dropped off in 2003 after being parked in the hospital car park for 3 weeks and the copper told the hospital security it was an offence not to display a valid tax disc. The disc was on the floor and the copper had seen it. This was the only reason i didn't get a ticket/fine. You won't get away with this one i'm affraid.

Comment

Correct, it would be a travesty if we all drove around blatantly disregarding this very important law. It could lead to people disposing of their chewing gum on pavements, crossing streets without the use of defined pedestrian crossings, riots, civil unrest, anarchy.
                            GET A GRIP, its failure to display my already PAID FOR TAX. Its another revenue generator.
                            Don't wind yourself up dude. They get us all sooner or later, guilty or not!!!

Comment

You get a grip. Failure to display has been an offence for a long time. Just comply and you wont get fined. Theres nothing hard about sticking your tax disc on your windscreen. You may not know but places such as post offices and car accessory shops sell TAX DISC HOLDERS just for that purpose.
                              Trust your Hound.

Comment

Working...
                              X