Ball joint spacers + lift kits.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ball joint spacers + lift kits.

Is tonyn awol, as I read on another thread? I had pm'd him.

I am intending to lift my truck as soon as I have all the gear.

Does anyone else know where I can get some ball joint spacers in the UK?

Or does anyone have a pair I can copy?

Also a body lift kit. A reasonably priced UK supplier or I could get them made if anyone knows the spec. Is it 10 of 2"x2" (is round bar or square better) with a hole for M12 bolts? 4 of 6.5", 4 of 5.5" and 2 of 4" bolts?

Also to save me removing an ARB before the lift, does anyone know the dimensions of the holes and their relevant position for an ARB spacer and while I'm at it rad drop bracket and front bumper bracket?

How long do the bolts need to be for front dif spacers.

Milners LC HDJ80 springs is that the ones?

Thanks in advance,

Dodge.

btw . . . just off out for a bit so I won't respond to any replies straight away.

2" diameter nylon bar is what you need, drilled for M12.

Throw away the rear ARB, if you're fitting LC springs it's not required.

Dont bother with diff drop brackets. For the time you spend in 4wd, the angles of the front shafts is fine. (I had my torsion bars wound up to the end of the thread for 2 years with no ill effects.

You CAN spend the money if you want, but its not strictly necessary.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I got the 4Crawler bj spacers, wasn't crazy price IIRC. Passed them on when I went for the full TJM suspension but that's another story.

For the BL bolts the rear 4 bolts can be used in the front 4 with 2" lift, and 160mm does the next 4, it may be ok for the last 2 but I've got 180mm.

I left the rad where it was, just removed the bottom of the fan shroud. This was ok but I stretched one of the brake vacuum hoses (that runs down the rhs of the rad) and it popped off on the 1st off road outing since I lifted it (just made the brake pedal VERY heavy). Easily solved, there's a vacuum pipe runs along the top of the radiator, its bolted on top of two flanges off the rad, just udo and refix with cable ties under the flanges.
      Wax on, wax off

Comment

Top info guys thanks.

How long was the delivery time for the spacers fordy?

When I order some would anyone else be interested . . . or is anyone else getting some in and has a pair going spare?

What's 180 and 160 mm in inches . . . only kidding I'll get a tape measure.

Comment

i started a thread this morning about bj spacers.. i would like some more lift as well.
          apache thanks for that info - throwing away rear arb with lc springs. so are they that much better that it doesnt roll so much?
          i will google 4Crawler see what i get
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
            i started a thread this morning about bj spacers.. i would like some more lift as well.
            apache thanks for that info - throwing away rear arb with lc springs. so are they that much better that it doesnt roll so much?
            i will google 4Crawler see what i get
            16stone on the tailgate and it doesn't even drop and inch with LC springs fitted. I took te ARB off and if anything it has less role, over ARB ad standard springs
            Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Dodge View Post
              Is tonyn awol, as I read on another thread? I had pm'd him.

I suck at remembering to answer Pm's and emails. best to drive round and take what you need off the shelf!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                I suck at remembering to answer Pm's and emails. best to drive round and take what you need off the shelf!

OK, have you got any ball joint spacers? If you have I will have them off you please.

I do need/want other stuff but the spacers are a priority.

Comment

Originally posted by Dodge View Post

OK, have you got any ball joint spacers? If you have I will have them off you please.

I do need/want other stuff but the spacers are a priority.
                  I ordered 4 sets yesterday from 4Crawler. Last lot turned up in 3 days, lot before took a month!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                    I ordered 4 sets yesterday from 4Crawler. Last lot turned up in 3 days, lot before took a month!
                    Good stuff, did you get my pm?

If you can let me know when you get the spacers in and reserve me a set I'd be grateful.

Comment

tonyN can i have some ball joint spacers as well please
                      i will try pming just in case
                      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

tonyN pm box full!

here is the pm, since the inbox is full lol:

hi, could i purchase some ball joint spacers from you?
                        if you cannot fit them i will get someone round here to do it.
                        how much lift will they give? and how much? and soon as you have them i will drive down and collect on a weekend if thats ok

thanks!
                        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I've got a lathe, and whilst I dont want to step on anyones toes (so PM me if I'd be impinging on your business) if someone's making bodylifts, I'm happy to make them as and when. It's not like I'd make to order, but I'll make a kit for summat to do then flog it here and give Koi summat towards the upkeep.
                          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                            I've got a lathe, and whilst I dont want to step on anyones toes (so PM me if I'd be impinging on your business) if someone's making bodylifts.
                            Its a free country, can't speak for others, but I'm not bothered. I stole most of Danno/Jottos body lift kit buisness when Jotto moved and couldn't make them for a while.

Would be hypocritical to get the hump now. (at least you probably answer your PM's )

Comment

Andy/Tony, whats the current going rate for a 2" body lift for a 3.0 2nd gen delivered? Thanks.
                              Paul </Slugsie>
                              Immortal.so far!

Comment

Working...
                              X