Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
    try that stuff........wots it called.........diesel lololol

As I said earlier nearest garage is a 60 mile round trip so the kitchen cupboard was closer I had already driven a couple of miles and put the oil in while engine was still warm.
    Last edited by Highlander1; 24 February 2008, 13:19.
    www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

Originally posted by Highlander1 View Post
      As I said earlier nearest garage is a 60 mile round trip so the kitchen cupboard was closer.
      Wind her over a bit, then pump some more, then wind some more then pump some more.. I don't think you will make it 30 miles to the garage on 3 litres anyway...
      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

No not my misses my truck
        I'm just destined to suffer eternal disappointment with these threads titles versus content.

Comment

i have towed mine 33 miles on a a frame jb.just went below 30 mph (25 mostly) and had the gear lever in n and the transfer lever in n and it did no damage.good luck
          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
            I'm just destined to suffer eternal disappointment with these threads titles versus content.

D:

Mrs H arrived back about 20 minutes ago I drained the filter and put 3 gallons on diesel in and bled the old girl i don't know how good the batteries are since they have been on the truck since I got it so didn't want to churn it over anymore than I needed to.

I am now back home at least I know how far I can go on a tank I put £61s in and got 351.5 miles out of it.

Are any of you mathematicians on here who could please tell me what I am getting to the gallon.

I now know my red light doesn't come on for a few miles before I run out it flickers once and then you stop.

Cheers everyone for yer help. JB

Comment

If you are fitting a new filter speed things up by pourinig fuel straight into the filter
              Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

D:

Mrs H arrived back about 20 minutes ago I drained the filter and put 3 gallons on diesel in and bled the old girl i don't know how good the batteries are since they have been on the truck since I got it so didn't want to churn it over anymore than I needed to.

I am now back home at least I know how far I can go on a tank I put £61s in and got 351.5 miles out of it.

Are any of you mathematicians on here who could please tell me what I am getting to the gallon.

I now know my red light doesn't come on for a few miles before I run out it flickers once and then you stop.

Cheers everyone for yer help. JB
                Assuming £1.10 per litre of diesel thats about 24 mpg.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Ballibeg View Post
                  Assuming £1.10 per litre of diesel thats about 24 mpg.

Dave

That's about average then

Cheers Dave I used to get 30 I winder if i can lean it out a bit she still smokes a tad.

Comment

I thought as long as the transfer box was in neutral, the auto boxes output won't even be turning... so auto/manual would make no difference???

I ran out of fuel in mine... I parked up walked to a corner shop and bought some veg oil.. popped in pumped the pump and it started perfectly.
                    More Lift.
                    More Tyres.
                    More Engine.

Comment

Once again this thread is a reminder just why I log in here from time to time, fantastic thanks everyone for the advice and sharing of similar experiences.

I am not around much at moment well I am but I'm not, (too busy) I will update when I get some time and maybe get back to more frequent visits.

Cheers JB

Comment

Working...
                      X