Only Roof To Do Then First Coat Finished

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only Roof To Do Then First Coat Finished

Hows it looking, Still a few weeks and a long way to go but the general idea is there, also removed the extended widebody arches, and am going to put in wheel arch extenders, ill get more mud this way.

Without Surf And Unhappy

I like the 1st gen look, sweet mate.
    Paint looks too be coming along just fine.

Mind and get a plate on the front before the 15th
    Last edited by yoshie; 22 February 2008, 17:04.
    Brian

Comment

looking good,
      how you painting it?

Welcome to the black club (black ones are fastest its a well proven and discussed point!!)

Comment

Just cans mate, but im going for a satin finish, not gloss. It looks more even and a bit more mean. But itll get covered in mud soon anyway.
        Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Re

Ye got some b a l l s mate!

Spraying your pride an' joy with some rattly cans of matt black!

Are you masking it off at all?

Did you prep the paintwork or just lashing it on?

Sort of looks like a hearse from Mad Max!

How is the paint going on, is it smooth or patchy?

I will be watching very closely to see what it turns out like, keep us all up to date mate!

I admire you for the "DIY" paint job, I once hand painted me Vespa Gloss Black and made a terrible horlicks of it!

Didn't prep it just a wash and slapped the black over the red!

Looked krap!

Sort of put me off doing things like you do!

Gary

Comment

Nah i sanded to a 400 grit on an electric sander and used a red oxide primer. Paint is going on very thinly as i like to do it that way, even if it dont hide the colour that well first time, Stops sags and runs.

Its going on slightly [atchy but im having her proffessionally laquered with a satin laquer next month, just so long as the prep work and colour are done it keeps the cost down. The laquer will even everything up fine.
            Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

I once painted an old, silver, mk5 Cortina with a paint roller. We had just moved on to a fairly posh estate (at the time) and my neighbours were horrified that I was painting it on the drive! I've never seen so many curtains twitching!

'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

looking good, looks much better than burgandy imo.

Comment

Looking good. Top decision on using satin, btw.

Just out of curiosity, how have you plugged the holes for the wheel arch clips?

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                    Looking good. Top decision on using satin, btw.

Just out of curiosity, how have you plugged the holes for the wheel arch clips?
                    im building up from behind and then filling, followed by a top coad of a thicker stonechip type paint.
                    Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

get yourself to aldi mate and buy one of their compressors for about £60
                      they come with a 5 piece accessory kit including spray gun, i bought one from there a year ago and i have painted a pug 306 with it and it did a great job + they also sell the air drills,sanders,wrenches all cheaply.
                      very handy piece of kit.

Comment

Dont look too bad carl (apart from that dopey lookin snorkel top)
                        think if i was going for a d i y jobby i'd go for the desert storm look tho
                        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                          i'd go for the desert storm look tho
                          Does that mean in Khaki or the 'bombed/shot by the Americans again' look?

Comment

Carl. You the man!!!! Dont think i'd ever ever attempt what you've done!!!!!!

Feck. I even got runs on my brush on hammerite!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done mate,the stealth bimber ir ready for the clog.

Oh,get a night reder LED thing like Vince has got on the Batmobile!!!
                            www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

As long as all pursuit assignments are at very slow speeds she would be a good knightrider
                              Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Working...
                              X