talk talk broadbandings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• talk talk broadbandings

dont go with these! what a waste of money!

during normal day hours, i see speeds for 0.5mb from an 'up to 8mb' line.

they have also commendeered my bt line, so it now means i cannot switch to another provider without first switching back to bt, but i never knew i left bt in the first place.
    also, if i have left bt, then why has the 12 month contract been broken, AND where has my 3 months line rental gone?
    i call bt and they say im not with them, i try to switch to another provider and they say i dont have a bt line!

the only time i get a reasonable 6.5mb speed is after midnight. any other time its hardly worth using

im trying to switch to o2 broadband as they seem much more reliable.

Grrrrrrr

another thing, to all those who have entered a 12 month contract with bt, it seems the best way to get out of it is sign up to talk talk for a week, and then use the 30 day money back guarantee and end the service.
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

I've been with Be Broadband for nearly a year now. I get a 24mb line (tops out at 16mb though) that has no real useage limits all for £18 a month. Never had any particular problems (certainly nothing that I never had with any other provider).
    Paul </Slugsie>
    Immortal.so far!

Comment

im now switching to my 3rd provider, each one is a joke so far.. but luckily for me i test it and each time so far i end the agreement before the clause is up. so talk talk give 30 days, im leaving after 14 - 20

the new provider has 100 days. that will give me enough time to test i think :/
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

i have virgin 10mb, never had a problem.
        Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Virgin for cable and Demon for ADSL. Stick with either of those and you can't go far wrong.

You go for the cheapest, you'll get what you pay for.

Comment

I actually just got an upgrade for free, I did have Virgin 4mb but they are doing a countrywide free upgrade to 10mb.

sweet.
            Alan

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
              I actually just got an upgrade for free, I did have Virgin 4mb but they are doing a countrywide free upgrade to 10mb.

sweet.

I used to have Telewest/Virgin years ago, and never had a moments trouble with them. The only reason I changed providers was due to the fact they didn't offer certain services I required. Reliability wise though, they were always spot on.

Comment

i recently noticed they were offering new customers a better deal than I was getting price wise and they cut my bill by £9 a month because I said I would go to Tiscali instead.

even sweeter
                Alan

Comment

Virgin all the way!

Comment

It's a pity that the cable networks halted their expansion a while back. When I phoned one of them (I forget which) back in about '98, they told me they would be in my area within 18 months. Still no sign now. So ADSL is the only choice for me. They all have their problems, even Demon have had quite a bit of bad press. For me Be have worked spot on, and they even reduced their price a few months back by £6 a month! I have always been prepared to pay a premium for my internet access as I know that I put a higher than usual demand on bandwidth etc.
                    Paul </Slugsie>
                    Immortal.so far!

Comment

I do a wee bit of downloading meself.
                      Alan

Comment

I got Talktalk just over a year ago, few niggles getting it up and running but had no probs after the first couple of weeks. I'm running two pcs on a wireless network and it doesn't seem too slow.
                        Best of all now the local exchange has been uprated, ITS FREE!!!!!!

(cos i have talkplan 3)
                        www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie View Post
                          They all have their problems, even Demon have had quite a bit of bad press.
                          I'd be surprised if not. Their expertise in the area, however, (even though they have some quirky methods on occasion), is practically second to none. Makes all the difference.

Comment

im on virgin 20gb,its loverly

Comment

virgin is by far the most superior internet connection you can get.

they use 100mb ethernet from the pc to their little blue box, coaxial cable from the box to outside in the street, then fibre optic everywhere else.

your 20mb speed is throttled, meaning your hardware, lines and units are capable of a much higher speed than that. but they limit it.

the people on 2mb virgin are also capable of 20mb with no change in hardware...

i was with virgin and kept having the service break down because the signal was too high. it did take them 6 months to spot this fault though after i was repeatedly told nothing was wrong.

i might give demon a go after i see about o2.. 100 day guarantee cant be bad
                              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                              X