Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bridgend..

17 kids!!

I don't know could it be our out of control internet, our out of control GPs dishing out antidepressants to 'children' or the out of control migrant population and this government for many reasons disheartening their futures???

There's no link apparently, uh huh, yuh riteo!!!!

If there's no link, and no cult, then why are they doing it?
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt View Post
      If there's no link, and no cult, then why are they doing it?
      Have you been to Bridgend?

Seriously though, they think it was a bit of a spike in the number of suicides which has been reported by the media in such a way as to make it a bit trendy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post

Seriously though, they think it was a bit of a spike in the number of suicides which has been reported by the media in such a way as to make it a bit trendy.
        Yes, I have. it's orrible, but not that horrible....
        I find it very hard to believe anyone would be stupid enough to kill themselves because it's trendy or because someone else did.
        The aftermath of a suicide is so devastating for those left behind, that I find it very difficult to understand How someone can look at the damage that does to a family and think 'yep, I'll have a bit of that..'
        It's all very odd
        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Maybe it's something to do with that whingey indie music they listen to.
          Or there are subliminal messages printed on the backs of Oxy10 bottles.

Comment

There's always been whingy indie music. When I was a late teen it was Sisters of Mercy, Bauhaus etc.

As far as teenagers thinking of the consequences of their actions, c'mon!!! When did teens even THINK, let alone of other people?

I do think that a teen who is feeling low given the pressures on them to succeed, the likelihood that they'll NEVER be able to afford a house, the pressure to look like a teen idol, be super slim etc etc could be made to feel worse if exposed to a community (internet chatroom) which is promoting the coolness of death and suicide.

Teens respond to peer group pressure, thats why they form into groups such as goths (or 'emo' these days), punks, skaters etc. To my mind, its not beyond belief that a fraction of a percent (cos thats what it is) could find themselves depressed AND pressured into killing themselves without considering the consequences (ie, being very dead!)
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
              Maybe it's something to do with that whingey indie music they listen to.
              Or there are subliminal messages printed on the backs of Oxy10 bottles.
              I sometimes listen to whingey depsressing indie/emo music and I don't feel an urge to kill myself.
              Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post

Teens respond to peer group pressure, thats why they form into groups such as goths (or 'emo' these days), punks, skaters etc.
                Get with the programme grandad. Emo kids have shorter hair, less make up and not such long coats as goths.

Comment

i read in the paper today on the underground that before all this, bridgend has an average of 3 per year suicides...

and your the 2nd person to say 'have you been there' lol
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Get with the programme grandad. Emo kids have shorter hair, less make up and not such long coats as goths.
                    theyre also more fun to be around compared to goths.
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

EMOs look like a cross between goth and beatnik to me, though anyone who declares themself to be an EMO probably wouldn't know what beatnik was. Mind you, they'd probably be too young to know what Goth was!
                      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by captain_chaos View Post
                        I sometimes listen to whingey depsressing indie/emo music and I don't feel an urge to kill myself.
                        You just kill your truck instead!
                        You must be listening to something more up-beat these days, washing yer truck an' all!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                          You just kill your truck instead!
                          You must be listening to something more up-beat these days, washing yer truck an' all!
                          The truck is back to life now and as shiny as ever, just trying to borrow my dad's mop plus cutting and polishing compounds to finish the job. It's even spreading to the Mondeo as I put that through the car wash. Still listening to the usual loud shouty music as always, helps pass the time away when cleaning.
                          Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Originally posted by captain_chaos View Post
                            The truck is back to life now and as shiny as ever, just trying to borrow my dad's mop plus cutting and polishing compounds to finish the job. It's even spreading to the Mondeo as I put that through the car wash. Still listening to the usual loud shouty music as always, helps pass the time away when cleaning.
                            fall out boy, dance dance
                            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

U have to think tho as well y all hangings, there must be a dozen ways to commit suiside, y all hangings?

Comment

Working...
                              X