it was very cold this morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it was very cold this morning

infact it was that cold that it took a good few minutes to start her up despite recent glow plugs new batterys, fuel filter etc. Then when started was very slugish for quite some time, left her running with idle switch on high idle then went to drive off when surf was up to temperature and quess what? no power took her round the block about a mile sometimes foot to the floor and couldnt even get 20 mph got back home with a convoy of angry drivers trying to get to work behind me finally got home left her running for another 15minutes got back in and drove off like normal full power the only thing i can think off is i have put to much veg oil in and it had froze or gone really thick due to the cold and was blocking the the fuel lines slightly since this happened everything s been ok all day i think surfs have a mind of there own sometimes

dodgy ecu?
    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by mick19691 View Post
      infact it was that cold that it took a good few minutes to start her up despite recent glow plugs new batterys, fuel filter etc. Then when started was very slugish for quite some time, left her running with idle switch on high idle then went to drive off when surf was up to temperature and quess what? no power took her round the block about a mile sometimes foot to the floor and couldnt even get 20 mph got back home with a convoy of angry drivers trying to get to work behind me finally got home left her running for another 15minutes got back in and drove off like normal full power the only thing i can think off is i have put to much veg oil in and it had froze or gone really thick due to the cold and was blocking the the fuel lines slightly since this happened everything s been ok all day i think surfs have a mind of there own sometimes
      What kind of % veg do you have ?

Have you considered a fuel heater (Saverbee on ebay is a good seller, a couple of us use this)?

when was the filter last changed ?

Trev
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

the % was about 60%diesel40%veg alot more than i usually put in this time of year and yes iv looked at veg heaters various types just never decided which one to get and how effectively they would work i also dont think it could be the ecu as this has only happened once and if it were would this not happen all the time or at leased more often.i actually changed the fuel filter just the day before
        thanks
        mick

Comment

Mine started first turn of the key and ran beautifully…

but then I’m using proper fuel….

Petrol
          Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

I'm running around 65% veg with no particular problems starting and running first thing. Mind you, the worst we've had round here is a heavy frost, so not exactly arctic.
            Paul </Slugsie>
            Immortal.so far!

Comment

started ok this morning after adding more diesel to it yesterday
              thanks
              mick

Comment

Working...
              X