Thinking of.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of.......

Breaking my surf as i want a newer one but not sure if i will make my money by breaking or by selling as a whole running truck, theres nothin wrong with it. And i havent got the money to buy another one first so need some input!!!

these are the spec's

G plate 89-90
    ln130
    non efi (so machanical pump etc etc)
    winch
    31' tyres
    2" suspension lift
    2" body lift
    manual gearbox
    new clutch
    new head (fitted by tony)

so come on guys and gals what you think
    sell it whole
    33.33%
    Break it
    33.33%
    Keep it
    33.33%
    Last edited by sledge; 17 February 2008, 23:14.

There's no way on earth I would ever consider breaking a vehicle that's functioning fine. It would have to have fairly major problems for that scenario to arise in my book. It's a crime with a good vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
      There's no way on earth I would ever consider breaking a vehicle that's functioning fine. It would have to have fairly major problems for that scenario to arise in my book. It's a crime with a good vehicle.
      true but i won't get much more than about £1200 for it but breaking it i should get more

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
        true but i won't get much more than about £1200 for it but breaking it i should get more
        Possibly, but that doesn't mean I'll give you the answer you want. It's still a criminal thought.

Comment

Possibly, but that doesn't mean I'll give you the answer you want. It's still a criminal thought.
          lol

Comment

Tricky one mate.

Its a shame to break it if it's running fine.

If i were you i'd chuck it in the Autotrader for like £2395 or something an see if you get any bites.

where its lifted most people are unaware on how its done so assume big bills!!

you could make a decent chunk off someone whos not 100% on these trucks! Its harsh but thats the way it goes!!

if thats unsuccessful then break it!

Comment

Pity its a 2.4 cos I'm gonna start building a small selection of cheap spares for the Pyrenees trip...
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I appologise for destroying my Lexus then.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                  I appologise for destroying my Lexus then.
                  You didn't break it though Vince. Modifiying and having bits left over doesn't class as breaking. Out of two good machines, you have achieved one perfect, (in your eyes), machine.

Comment

But I did break it, I removed anything that was bolted down except the wheels, so that the scrap man could pull it onto his trailer.
                    It still had six months MOT and three months road rent (refunded) on it too!

I feel so ashamed now.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                      But I did break it, I removed anything that was bolted down except the wheels, so that the scrap man could pull it onto his trailer.
                      It still had six months MOT and three months road rent (refunded) on it too!

I feel so ashamed now.
                      Alright then, I'll rephrase. You removed parts from it for your own use. Therefore, the left over parts were unusable in a complete form, so what choice did you have? However, you have achieved a combination of two machines to fit your desires, which techniocally means you didn't break it, you merely utilised parts of it.

Comment

I guess I could buy it, as it already has the lift and winch, and the same mechanics as mine, so I could use mine for spares.

What colour is it??

Just checked your avatar, it's the wrong colour for me, so I'd have to use it for spares on mine
                        Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob View Post
                          I guess I could buy it, as it already has the lift and winch, and the same mechanics as mine, so I could use mine for spares.

What colour is it??
                          that funny red colour lol

Comment

Ya see, I need a new clutch for the pyrenees trip, and alsorts of other stuff, including the lift, but I'm not in the market for a new surf/rolling spares for quite a while yet.

It's a real shame to break a pre '91 as there a fewer of these rare and classic vehicles around thesedays.

Got any pictures??
                            Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

yep

Comment

Working...
                              X