think overheating is sorted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• think overheating is sorted

well i finally got round to changing my water pump today,not an easy job!
    the old pump was not as bad as i expected but needed changing,
    the biggest surprise was how much the radiator was clogged and blocked with dirt, i have jet washed it after off roading a couple of times, but when i lifted it up top the light i could see there was about 15% of the rad that wasnt clogged up,
    so half an hour and got knows how much water through the hose pipe later and i can see through the fins on the whole rad,
    took it for a spin, gave it some abuse and .....NO OVERHEATING

i would definately recommend anyone who goes in mud to remove your rad and flush the fins through with a hose pipe , i really couldnt believe how much mud was in it
    PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

This problem seems to come up on a regular basis, so would this be a design flaw on the surfs, or do other makes suffer this same problem??

Or is it that surf owners are the only ones to truly use their trucks above and beyond what they were designed for??
    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

When we convoy up to woodlands we're normally doing 70 ish on the way up there and about 45-50 on the way back to keep the temperature steady, it's not a surf thing, it's a mud thing. There's yotas, landies, zooks, and mitsubishis i convoy up with sometimes and we've all suffered overheating because of blocked rads at some point. It's just important to get it cleaned out regular, the only way to do it properly is to take the rad off, but it's just not practical to do that after every trip.

I cut the bottom half of my fan shroud out to let the mud drain a bit easier. and take the grill off and backup fan if it starts to look bad or if i notice the gauge moving more than normal so i can get to the rad to give it a better clean.
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

Take it for a swim near the end of the day while the mud is still mud and not that concrete imitation stuff you end up with the next morning
        Brian

Comment

our local ford barely reaches the centre of the wheels at it's normal depth, let alone the rad
          =========
          =SOLD UP!=
          =========

Comment

Perhaps we should go visit Animal (The Radmeister) so he can clear our rads
            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Working...
            X