• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post

also did you mean the toyota prius?
    Yes, but the use of 'pious' was intentional. Look it up
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I always fancied getting a pious and putting dirty great V8 in in.....

It got to be worth it just for the build thread on the owners club

Great sleeper potential too!
      More Lift.
      More Tyres.
      More Engine.

Comment

what the hell are sleepers? arnt they the things that support the railway tracks?

cheers for the new word.

im surprised there is a prius owners club. what do they do for fun? see how far they can drive on batteries?

did you know they are only kept at between 40-60% charged. any more charge than this and the batteries will degrade quicker than usual
        they can use another type of battery that would be better but there is a greater fire / explosion risk
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Sleeper.........what my truck will be.

Comment

they can use another type of battery that would be better but there is a greater fire / explosion risk
            That'll be lithium-polymer then. They have very good power density and are light weight, but tend to expand and explode when overcharged or discharged too quickly - hence the exploding laptops on youtube.
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
              Sleeper.........what my truck will be.
              ?

like, off the road?
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

?

like, off the road?
                A Sleeper is a car/truck etc that looks like regular ole slow one.

BUT it hides a deep dark secret - in vinces case 220BHP! (i hope i got that figure right!!)

I think the Mitsubishi legnum was the same, an estate car - nothing too special but it had huge performance.

Comment

?

like, off the road?
                  Sleeper is derived from the expression that was used for national agents during the Cold War and such. Until called into service, they would blend in and appear to be an everyday type person, having mundane jobs and lives, and then, once 'active', would be a completely different type of person, working towards some upto just unknown objective. Hence the term sleeper for cars. Appears to be an everyday down to earth type thing, but underneath.........

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                    I took that photo at Yuma years ago - probably about 2003. She aint experimental anymore!

I dont know the fuel consumption figures - wasn't my area - but if you have to ask, you cant afford one

<edit> Same place, team pic

There's me standing, grey T-shirt, directly beneath the rotor head.
                    Is that Captian America in the blue
                    Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                      Oh, one day I'm sure it will be, but right now, it certainly is not.
                      Same case as always. Non of this eco ramble they are trying to shove down our throats daily has anything to do with ecology. It's a pure and simple money making opportunity for those who already ahave cartloads of the stuff, and as such can afford to influence all the bent bleeders in Govt's for making it compulsory under the hidden guise of it being for the better good.

The day they impose restrictions and cut down on logging, (in actuality rather than just paper promises), then I may believe that any Govt. has the slightest interest in the planet. Until that day, it's a money making scheme.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                        Same case as always. Non of this eco ramble they are trying to shove down our throats daily has anything to do with ecology. It's a pure and simple money making opportunity for those who already ahave cartloads of the stuff, and as such can afford to influence all the bent bleeders in Govt's for making it compulsory under the hidden guise of it being for the better good.

The day they impose restrictions and cut down on logging, (in actuality rather than just paper promises), then I may believe that any Govt. has the slightest interest in the planet. Until that day, it's a money making scheme.
                        Hear hear, quite agree, been saying the same for years.

The tree huggers lobby the government, the gov then make paper promises, and screw everybody by raising taxes on fuel, and the eco nuts think they've had a victory, where as in reallity we've all been screwed, and the so called threat to the planet is the same.

I say "so called threat" because the main threat is humanity itself, and the best way to deal with that is to cull the surplus population, I'll let the proffessors decide how to do that.
                        Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Sleeper as in a "Street Sleeper", As said above, something that looks fairly factory, but packs punch.

The opposite to those all show and no go Fibreglass LED tat mobiles that the max power lot like!
                          More Lift.
                          More Tyres.
                          More Engine.

Comment

Working...
                          X