Can't send PM.... HELP !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't send PM.... HELP !!!

I can log in OK, get to private messages but when I try to send them it says I not logged in... have tried to send to a couple of people so it's not just one that won't accept.... can someone try and send to me so I can test I can receive incoming msgs..??

And any other suggestions as to why this might not work... ps. was OK before upgrade - was there something I needed to check after....

Cheers clever peeps.....
    Had enough... going to live in Spain....

Originally posted by Helen
    I can log in OK, get to private messages but when I try to send them it says I not logged in... have tried to send to a couple of people so it's not just one that won't accept.... can someone try and send to me so I can test I can receive incoming msgs..??

And any other suggestions as to why this might not work... ps. was OK before upgrade - was there something I needed to check after....

Cheers clever peeps.....
    In the bottom right hand corner of the screen do you have a globe symbol with a cross through it? If so click on it, look at the error reports and mark each of these as a trusted site. it shd work then.

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Cheers bird.....

Hope you're feeling better...

Just had a thought. As I'm doing this from company pc there are probably certain things in place that I can't change to protect the old network....

I will check from home and see if OK there....

Ta ta

Comment

Cheers bird.....

Just had a thought. As I'm doing this from company pc there are probably certain things in place that I can't change to protect the old network....

Ta ta
        did you get your pm ?
        [center][font=Microsoft Sans Serif][size=7][color=magenta][u][b][img]http://www.gifs.net/animate/hipgrl12.gif[/img][/b][/u][/color][/size] [img]http://www.gifs.net/animate/hipmn1.gif[/img][/font][/center][center][img]http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jim_ashton/shyAV5.jpg[/img][/center][center][b][color=#ff00ff][size=7][u]E[/u][/size][u][size=5]ms [/size][size=5]&[/size][size=7] J[/size][size=5]im[/size][/u][/color][/b][/center]

Comment

Cheers bird.....

Ta ta
          Helen, I use the forum from work and as I work in a financial institution the security and firewalls are really tight. I would doubt its that stopping you!

Thanks for the kind wishes - do feel a lot better today...

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Hmmm
            Not just you ladies that have had trouble with your pm`s, I did too & thought it a bit strange.....
            however, mine was due to not having my cookies turned on, (whatever they are)
            Gary

Comment

still got probs....

Thanks to those who sent msgs, all received ok.

I log in OK and am still logged in when I submit msg but it immediately comes back with the registration/login screen again.
              I have found the cookies and allowed them for this site.... also checked 'trusted' sites..all seems ok. And it does let me put this type of message on....(obviously !!!)

Cheers
              H

Comment

Thanks to those who sent msgs, all received ok.

I log in OK and am still logged in when I submit msg but it immediately comes back with the registration/login screen again.
                I have found the cookies and allowed them for this site.... also checked 'trusted' sites..all seems ok. And it does let me put this type of message on....(obviously !!!)

Cheers
                H
                Did you try the globe in the bottom right corner?
                Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Dunnit....

Well it's definitely something at work that stops me coz I've successfully sent PM from home... sorry Linda, you were my guinea pig....
                  I also replaced Freeserve with a 50p internet cd from Tesco that works a treat.... and it suits me coz I only logon in the evening when they charge 1p per minute...

Comment

Squeek squeek squeek... chatter chatter chatter...
                    Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

well I have exactly the same problem if it makes you feel any better. everything works fine from home but it always logs me off from work when I try to send a pm. Have done all the cookies and trusted sites business but still no joy. I'll have a word with the IT boys at some point ....

Comment

Working...
                      X