Clear All

• Again???!!!!

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/pressass/20...6323e80_2.html

So thats;

Driver licence details.
    Pensions and benefits details.
    Army personnel details.
    and now hospital patients details.

This smells like an inside job to me, so that I.D. cards can be introduced, or someone is supply imigrants with details to create passports and stuff.

Obviously they have never heard of desk locks then?

Ken
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][B][I][SIZE=3]When the going gets tough - Get out !!![/SIZE][/I][/B][/FONT]

Comment

I've hered that somebody is making a compilation CD,

"NOW thats what I call ID theft"

Mark.......
      Let taste be the enemy of art!

Comment

What I can't understand is why any of this info is ever stored locally on any of the machines, or dispatched on discs. That info should be on secure servers only, and any access to it should be via secure protocols from the machines. None of that information should ever leave the server itself.

Comment

When I was at O2 they had a theft of one of their main customer data base servers. The server was a backup but was to wider than standard to fit in the rack we had, so it was on a pallet on the floor wired in unitl a rack arrived for it.

Not many people had access to the server room and all in and outs where logged as it was electroinc entry... but still someone managed to get in, take it during the night without the cameras picking anything up or the secuirty guard seeing anything who was 10 mtrs away... now thats an inside job.

10 million account details on there.. oops.
          -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

Thing is though, pretty much all reasonable precautions had been taken in that case. Bent buggers will always find a way if they're really determined. Losing info through totally sloppy and insecure practices is a completely different kettle of fish, and any type of local/national government/council/institution has absolutely no excuse for sloppiness and lack of security. They probably waste thirty times more per year on I.T related kit than a standard secure system would cost, so they have even less excuse than no excuse by the time they've done. Jeez, a complete and utter *nix noob could create a more secure system than the ones these muppets are using.

Comment

Working...
            X