X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crackling Noise

Oooh the forums changed a bit!!

Hello to all,
    I've had my Surf for over a year now, done 15K miles in it and it hasn't missed a beat.Not lost a drop of water or used any oil despite my fears about the head etc. and the window still goes up and down like a good 'un.

The "problem" that does occur every so often is that there is a crackling/spitting noise from underneath the car . It sounds a bit like water dripping onto a red hot metal surface only quite loud. It tends to happen more when I've gone round a left hand corner or breaked heavily. At first I thought it was stones or gravel hitting the running boards.I was wondering whether there is a drain or vent from the heater that may exit underneath and this is dripping onto the exhaust. I know there is an A/C drain.
    It did it last year for a bit but has done it several times over the kast couple of weeks.
    The car isn't losing water or oil and is not losing power.
    I'm thinking of selling it as I need to get a van for my joinery business and want to sort it out before hand.

Anyone else had this ?

Thanks for any info.

Regards,
    Dave

PS.
    Hello Vince...still flying?

Originally posted by Oli
    Oooh the forums changed a bit!!

Hello to all,
    I've had my Surf for over a year now, done 15K miles in it and it hasn't missed a beat.Not lost a drop of water or used any oil despite my fears about the head etc. and the window still goes up and down like a good 'un.

The "problem" that does occur every so often is that there is a crackling/spitting noise from underneath the car . It sounds a bit like water dripping onto a red hot metal surface only quite loud. It tends to happen more when I've gone round a left hand corner or breaked heavily. At first I thought it was stones or gravel hitting the running boards.I was wondering whether there is a drain or vent from the heater that may exit underneath and this is dripping onto the exhaust. I know there is an A/C drain.
    It did it last year for a bit but has done it several times over the kast couple of weeks.
    The car isn't losing water or oil and is not losing power.
    I'm thinking of selling it as I need to get a van for my joinery business and want to sort it out before hand.

Anyone else had this ?

Thanks for any info.

Regards,
    Dave

PS.
    Hello Vince...still flying?
    Are you using the AC, in which case it could be the AC drain, splashing water onto the exhaust. I think the only way to truly tell is to get underneath just as soon as you hear it doing it - stop first obivously.

Cheers

Comment

So you're the one i've been hearing about who's never had an ounce of trouble. Allah be with you!
      Derek :
      1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
      [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy
        So you're the one i've been hearing about who's never had an ounce of trouble. Allah be with you!

I don't want to tempt fate but................ I have had mine Eight months now and the only problems I have had with it have been er................self inflicted.
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
        X