black on black?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• black on black?

Hi - I've heard they're rare, but just wanted to know if the black on black surfs you see in the pics on the web have moslty been customised after they were bought/imported? As it seems expensive to do this. I don't want to wait forever for one to turn up at auction. But equally don't want to buy a silver one only for a black on black to turn up the following day, humph.
    Live like ur gonna die, because ur gonna

Originally posted by Snorkel View Post
    Hi - I've heard they're rare, but just wanted to know if the black on black surfs you see in the pics on the web have moslty been customised after they were bought/imported? As it seems expensive to do this. I don't want to wait forever for one to turn up at auction. But equally don't want to buy a silver one only for a black on black to turn up the following day, humph.
    if your up to doing a body swap i will have a black over silver truck for breaking coming tomorrow.the body is looking in good order from what i have seen
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Sorry mate, ain't got a clue what you're on about? Black on black Surf? Enlighten me please!

'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

I should probably have said black OVER black, I want a surf with a black body with black arches etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Snorkel View Post
          I should probably have said black OVER black, I want a surf with a black body with black arches etc.
          a compleatly black surf

Comment

a bit like this one

Comment

Hiluxsurffi has a nice looking one, as does jedi. Prefer them having one colour than a silver 'base'.

Comment

haha SIDEWAYS nice!, but yeah completely black. 'Completely' didn't even enter my mind lol, but then I should have been in bed several hours ago, I'm up at 4am.
                Last edited by Snorkel; 13 February 2008, 22:57. Reason: still sleepy

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                  a bit like this one
                  same as mine surf logo as well

Comment

Is that black??? looks to be a kind of muddy grey coloue to me
                    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

only thing that not black on mine is the side steps

Comment

mine is completely black to but mines a 4runner.

Comment

but do you know if they were manufactured all black? or had been done later? thanks.

A lot of the ones I've seen that are all black have had a fair bit of customisation done to them, and I heard the ssr-g doesn't come in black at all, whereas the ssr-x ltd does (but all black I don't know), I've not seen an uncustomised one that is all black. Anyone?

Comment

As far as i know they were black from manufacture.If you are wanting a black over black so to speak i will keep a look out down here for you.
                            Do you want a 2.4l or 3.0l and manual or auto?

Comment

I'm after a 3.0L 3rd Gen, but want it newer with low mileage, and hence an import. Did want manual, but have since decided don't really mind. Never used an Auto, but could be fun and certainly less frustrating in towns (as long as I can predict when it changes gear - they don't surge unexpectedly do they? lol (I'm pretty sure they accelerate smoothly though)).

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/722596 - Hiluxsurffi's ride I like, but don't want to end up copying him (though he is in the Falkland's so might get away with it), I like the Kumhos and the graphics though.
                              Personal preferance I just wanna get it all black if I can, meanwhile I keep turning down decent ones hoping the next is all black.
                              Last edited by Snorkel; 14 February 2008, 09:33.

Comment

Working...
                              X