Bored.. so look what I did.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bored.. so look what I did.

I was bored today, the sun was shining so I thought I would take the dog for a run on the moors.

Now some of you on here have been to Ding Quarry on a Sunday (sometimes known as Accrington or Rossendale Quarry). Its just outside of Rochdale but touches into Rossendale.

Well its all changed up there now.. they are in the process of building a wind farm, and good on them too..

Gees.. these things are HUGE!!
    -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

they have just got one of these close to swindon it has taken five years of planning and demos against it
    but we need to find new ways to get electric and we get plenty of wind so why not use it
    SILENCE........................I ... kill you

Comment

This one has taken years of planning and protests etc.. but I'm glad they got it in the end..

Comment

We've got a wind farm not far from us,dont realise how tall they are till your up close..............

www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

the wind turbines being built today wont go on-line to the grid for at least 10 years. Hows that for progress. We'll all be knee deep in water thanx to the melting of the ice caps, global warming and all that malarcky.
          私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

12 months after the install they go live..

My mate has a small one on his roof and he has a grid tie inveter so that when he is producing but not using it goes back to the grid and he gets paid for it.. Now thats progress

Comment

How d'you work that out? Where's the issue?
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

personally i lve em. we saw hundreds of wind farms when touring spain and portugal, they are just part of the scenery, especially the huge ones at tarifa in spain... massive. portugal power 14million homes by windpower!!!!!

Comment

before you go jumping on the GREEN band wagon have a read of this:

http://www.northern-scot.co.uk/news/...ind_farms.html
                  私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
                    before you go jumping on the GREEN band wagon have a read of this:

http://www.northern-scot.co.uk/news/...ind_farms.html
                    What a lot of b0llocks. Just a NIMBY complaining to give himself something to do. The same sort of people who object to you driving around in your surf.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                      What a lot of b0llocks. Just a NIMBY complaining to give himself something to do. The same sort of people who object to you driving around in your surf.
                      hehe, you took the word right off my keyboard!!

That 'letter' is full of the same vague opinionated B/S that most of the anti 4x4 fools write.
                      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I'd rather watch a windmill go round than a cloud of reek from a chimney anyday.
                        Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

my only objection to them is that they shouldn't be white. they should paint them with swirly lines, so you can have a 'smoke' or whatever gets you sgt.peppered and sit and watch them talking to you for a week.

seriously though, i think they add to the calmness and peacefulness of the scenery. only ever driven passed them though, are they noisy in a distracting way at all?
                          i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

They're a little bit noisy (the gearbox whine) when you're fairly close, but 100m or so away and I cant hear them.
                            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                              They're a little bit noisy (the gearbox whine) when you're fairly close, but 100m or so away and I cant hear them.

I find them eary when you are stood underneath them in the dark and you can just hear the whine of the blades etc..

Comment

Working...
                              X