Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PDR - i too would probably go for a CZ if i get a .223
    as I have a CZ 452 rimfire, a great wee rifle

Jax - i would take you up on that if you were closer!, youre not that far from me, but far enough!
    Landcruiser Colorado
    Sub. Forester

Comment

Originally posted by max6674 View Post
      Jemmy git.

When I go shooting I have to go with my mates as they have loads of persmissions, which is a pain in the ass..
      I was lucky I was sat in my local British legion reading a shooting magazine and this guy came up to me, we start talking shooting and countryside and the next thing I know I gets me permission.
      [SIZE=5]A bad days fishing is better than a good days work[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by PDR View Post
        An air rifle becomes FAC rated at anything over 12 ft/lbs.

Most FAC air rifles are rated at approximately 25 – 30 ft/lbs with a few up near 50ft/lbs… still pathetic, low powered plinkers compared to the likes of my Winchester in .375 Holland & Holland Magnum with 4,265 ft/lbs (355 times more power than a standard air rifle)…I get far more recoil energy hitting me in the shoulder than an FAC air-rifle puts out the end of the barrel

There's a Yank by the name of JD Jones that fires that round out of a single shot pistol ..........

He's a big game hunter and has dropped a charging elephant with it head on - takes a lot of bottle to stand still and take on summat like that when you've only got one round and not enough time to reload if you cock it up !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by FISH EAGLE View Post
          I was lucky I was sat in my local British legion reading a shooting magazine and this guy came up to me, we start talking shooting and countryside and the next thing I know I gets me permission.
          Seems like its the month to get shooting permission!! I was at work reading an airgun magazine and it started a conversation with one of the student nurses who's parents have a field that will be used for growing Christmas trees. So i am not going to go out with him to have a pop at the bunnies and hopefully be going back to protect them trees!!! Cant wait been ages since i was last out pitting my wits against those wile bunnies!
          it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Do they still sell WASP & BARRACUDA Pellets?
            (\__/)
            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
            (")_(")

Comment

[My preferred calibres are the 22/250 and the 7mm Remington Magnum.
              The 22/250 with a Sierra 55gr head and pushed by 37 g of H380 gives 1670 ft. lbs and 3700 ft/sec.
              It shoots dead flat and I have shot foxes at over 600 yards.
              The other is 7mm and with a 168 sierra head using 66 g. of H380 the speed just over 3000 fps with almost 3400 ft lbs.
              I have won a few trophies with the 22/250 including theKing George Cup at the Wappen Shaw at Black Dog in Aberdeen shooting against many good shooters including the military.
              I use Savage in both calibres and find them the best money can buy.

I am also an RFD and have the choice of most weapons to try out but still stick with Savage

Comment

i use a 10/22 for rabbits but i put a towel on the dash to try and stop all the brass going down the heater vent ..
                and a remy 700 vssf for fox and long distance crows 200 /400 mtr .
                plus a franchi pump for the rest .
                thats what my surf is for , well that and going to work
                i bust things ,, it a skill i have ,,( need help?)

Comment

I have a big arsenal!! lol

Jacqueline

Comment

Originally posted by jax View Post
                    I have a big arsenal!! lol

Jacqueline
                    you can get some cream for that
                    i bust things ,, it a skill i have ,,( need help?)

Comment

Originally posted by marky View Post
                      Do they still sell WASP & BARRACUDA Pellets?
                      some of the pellets nowdays are unbelievable ,used to belong to airgun forum
                      aint been on there for some time but they used to get 70ftlb think it was a career @rapid 7's at 50ftlb + they to use certain pellets in them as normal off the shelf pellets deformed at that power ,btw still got a rapid 7 in the cupboard awesome hunting tools
                      Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Two steel balls Fu#$ a Rabbit

I just use my 410 or my 12 gauge shotie with solids.

Can be a little pricey with the ammo used but its good to see a rabbit explode when you shoot it.
                        Harden the Fuk Up Princess

Comment

Originally posted by hilux2.8 View Post
                          I just use my 410 or my 12 gauge shotie with solids.

Can be a little pricey with the ammo used but its good to see a rabbit explode when you shoot it.
                          not so good in a pie though!
                          it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

who shoots pies though dude?
                            i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Pdr

got one from minsterley 18mts ago, its a fantastic gun, a bit heavy with scope & mod , but can shoot better than i can enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by muller1 View Post
                                [

I have won a few trophies with the 22/250 including theKing George Cup at the Wappen Shaw at Black Dog in Aberdeen shooting against many good shooters including the military.

Good shooters and military in the same sentence - close to an oxy-moron I think !

The number of squaddies that can actually shoot well is pretty damned small

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Working...
                                X