Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Lost / Boiling

Hi all

Can't find my way round new site, but I'll get there............

Sussed the Boiling up prob at last - twas a blocked radiator, guy who refurbed it says he does a lot of them, mine was the same as a landcruiser, also reckons its why 2.4's do heads coz temp gauge seems norm but water does not cool properly, mine only showed hot when towing, cost two arms and three legs but least sussed it before did any damage.

"also reckons its why 2.4's do heads coz temp gauge seems norm but water does not cool properly, mine only showed hot when towing"

I've read that a number of times and it still does not make sense.

Neville

Comment

I can't understand how the temp can show normal even though the coolant is boiling up. Still it took me 5 days to suss how to pst pics on the forum!
      Glad its all OK now.
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
        I can't understand how the temp can show normal even though the coolant is boiling up. Still it took me 5 days to suss how to pst pics on the forum!
        Glad its all OK now.
        Basically if the level is too low, the temp sender doesn't have any water touching it and only senses refered heat from the metal surrounding it. On the 2LT / 2LTE, the sensor is basically too high on the engine (it is just underneath the radiator cap. It should really be at the bottom or at least the middle of the engine. It doesn't take the water level being to much low for you to get a duff reading. This is whay often when you overheat you will get a very high reading followed by a low or no reading as the water drops below the temp sensor.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
        X