Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first off road experience

hi all,
    well i have finally plucked up the corage to try out my 4 wheel drive, i went off road today just for a little bit ( near B & Q for those pooly members who know where i mean), i did ok, nothing fantastic but boy did i enjoy it, ( even though i kept asking Paddy if the car would tip over lol), my eldest son (Jac) is most impressed and suddenly thinks i am not such a boring mum after all lol!!!!.....still got to get used to hi and low ...soft and hard, and everything else that i haven't got the foggiest about, (really need to find out about it all, as so far all i know is how to put fuel in it lol). I must admit to wanting to get out of the car at one point ( even though i was driving ha ha ha!!!), all really new stuff for me, especially as i haven't driven for 6 years ( apart from the two weeks i have had the surf), really didn't think i would be able to do it without having a complete panic, got a shock when i went back onto normal road and heard a lot of "knocking" noises, thought i had broken something until Paddy told me it was the mud flying off my tires...aww well i am one very happy bunny at the moment, and i can't wait to try it again

Jo

glad you enjoyed it. an offroad day with your buddies is a must now!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

You got the bug now, theres no going back. Next stop one of our meets
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy&Jo
        hi all,
        well i have finally plucked up the corage to try out my 4 wheel drive, i went off road today just for a little bit ( near B & Q for those pooly members who know where i mean), i did ok, nothing fantastic but boy did i enjoy it, ( even though i kept asking Paddy if the car would tip over lol), my eldest son (Jac) is most impressed and suddenly thinks i am not such a boring mum after all lol!!!!.....still got to get used to hi and low ...soft and hard, and everything else that i haven't got the foggiest about, (really need to find out about it all, as so far all i know is how to put fuel in it lol). I must admit to wanting to get out of the car at one point ( even though i was driving ha ha ha!!!), all really new stuff for me, especially as i haven't driven for 6 years ( apart from the two weeks i have had the surf), really didn't think i would be able to do it without having a complete panic, got a shock when i went back onto normal road and heard a lot of "knocking" noises, thought i had broken something until Paddy told me it was the mud flying off my tires...aww well i am one very happy bunny at the moment, and i can't wait to try it again

Jo

nice one jo,
        i know where you mean, i go down there every now and then just to give the 4wd some exercise, as if you don,t things can sieze up and not work when you need them to.

ship

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy&Jo
          hi all,

Jo
          OH YEAH WAY TO GO JO

Welcome to the DIRTY side of life.

sumo.
          If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
            You got the bug now, theres no going back. Next stop one of our meets
            I am comming to robin hoods bay, and (hopefully ) langdale, just have to check with work and paddys work first, Paddy is now wanting to sell my beautiful hilux and buy a 3 litre one........so not fair i have only had it 2 weeks but his decision will be final
            , i wouldn't mind but he doesn't even drive it lol lol lol
            jo

Comment

Originally posted by ship
              nice one jo,
              i know where you mean, i go down there every now and then just to give the 4wd some exercise, as if you don,t things can sieze up and not work when you need them to.

ship
              ohhh don't like the sound of things siezing up.................sounds like me as i get older ha ha ha ha ha, there were 3 cars already there and another one came while i was on, no surf's though (......i would have loved it if that nasty man from halfords was watching....telling me i should have a fiesta instead )
              the auctions at ferry hill are on again a week today, might go down and se what surfs there are there, from what i seen when i went to view on Friday, there are some really nice ones, some even have wood inside instaed of the plastic where the gear box etc is

jo

Comment

Originally posted by sumo
                OH YEAH WAY TO GO JO

Welcome to the DIRTY side of life.

sumo.

My mam has just been round...looked at the surf and looked at me..then said, " i thought you got that car cleaned last week" ha ha ha ha ha.....i just had to laugh at her
                Jo

Comment

Working...
                X