aahhh stupid me - fuel filler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aahhh stupid me - fuel filler

ha ha I have just got back into surfing and have bought a 97 3rd gen surf. I only picked it up today and I went in to the petrol station to fill up. pulled the little plastic lever to the right, below the wheel and went around to fill up - hmm bizarre i thought the filler didn't open. I wondered whether i needed to have my keys in the car so tried that also but nooooo!! Me my tail between my legs drove home and if i can't open it may have to take my cr4ppy other car tommorow boo hooo!

I have some clifford alarm / imobiliser that activates the central locking so wondered whether this had locked the cap.

hmm is there something i am missing or do i just need to have a look in the light? Is there a fuse for the fuel filler cap?

hahah stupid me, I may go out and have a fiddle with it now (but thats a different story!!!!!)

Cheers

n0rm
    "disinclined to acquiesce your proposition - NO"

you did pull the filler lever not the bonnet release, done that a few times
    i think its a cable release mech like the bonnet, its not on the central locking as far as i know, but hay i could be wrong as i so often am
    Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

I'll bet you a pound you pulled the bonnet release. better click it shut again.
      Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

can i have my pound please?!!

I didn't pull the bonnet release i know its been a while since i had a surf but only 18 months.

I managed to get it open by pulling the filler door!

My lever doesn't seem to want to do anything, i remember on my old 2nd gen there was a discernible click when you pulled the lever with this there is nothing.

I had a tug on the door and it opened though. inside it looks like the catch is stuck, i might put a bit of wd40 on it. for the time being i guess i will just have to pull it open. ho hum - these 3rd gens are great
        "disinclined to acquiesce your proposition - NO"

Comment

Two leavers under steering column left is bonnet right is fuel
          If it can be broken it can be fixed

Comment

Working...
          X